ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 trackday / weekend toy

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Okay removed my non-genuine CTS from euro (haas) and have now fitted a genuine Renault one. Letting it cool down before I test how it performs during cold start.

Lambda sensor is also being replaced tomorrow for a Bosch one, as live data readings are as low as .70 changing to .510 and .730 when I believe the range is between .100 and .850 so that could also be at fault, however a new lambda won't do it any harm regardless. Fingers crossed!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Thanks mate,do you or anyone else would be able to do a list of the sensors etc i would neee please for my cup or is that all covered on the Renault parts site? @oVerboost.

Coolant temperature sensor
part number : 226306024R
price £33.77

Thermostat
part number : 8200772985
price £37.40

MAP sensor
part number : 8200719629
price £118.12

Lead set (x4)
part number : 8200334440
price £67.27

Spark plugs (x4)
part number : 8200239321
price £40.00

Coil pack
part number : 8200141149
price £67.26

Updated crank sensor & loom upgrade (you can still buy the older black one from Motor Factors if you don't want to change your loom to the new one)
part numbers : 8200647554 & 8200673202
price £63.80

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate,ive already done plugs,leads,coil pack and thermostat.

Have you any idea why the crank sensor has an updated loom for?

Because there was a problem with the plug IIRC Renault released an updated one to cure the issue just have to solder two wires. Just had it done on mine.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Okay that didn't seem to make a big difference, although it definitely works better than the non genuine part.

One thing I have noticed though, is the vacuum pipe from the inlet down to the acoustic valve under the passenger headlight has been cut and blocked. With it un-plugged, the idle etc is much better, it doesn't hunt or struggle but I have effectively introduced a vacuum leak but in turn it's fixed the issue - surely it would run worse not better?! I've checked for other vacuum leaks and cannot find anything. Have also tried unplugging the PAS pressure switch which makes no difference so going to replace this with a new one as well, as it's supposed to increase the revs when turning etc - and it doesn't do anything when plugged in/unplugged. Don't think that would cause a cold start issue on it's own though.

Anyone got any thoughts as to why now I have an open vacuum into the inlet the car runs so much better? Have also since replaced the lambda sensor as well with a bosch one (so it's decent) and MPG etc are all increased so that's done something, but the lambda isn't used for cold start procedures, and once the car is warmed up it runs 100%.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Has the carbon canister pipe to the inlet been blocked?

Yeah that's blocked up :) I have since actually solved the problem. Turned out it was the throttle body itself. Fitted a used genuine Renault one from a friend's spare engine and it's transformed. No more cold start problems, no more idle issues and it's great when cold and warm now rather than just warm so something must have failed inside the old TB regarding the cold start procedure.

MPG is great with all the new sensors, plugs, leads, coil pack etc... 34.1 MPG around town which is a major improvement over the mid 20's it was doing before so worth doing the jobs I did.

Took it out this evening for a drive and to do a few photos and some more testing with my light rig.

32851227561_a4c4a056c7_k.jpg

32851230221_3049360e95_k.jpg

32132100624_3ba8de1e00_k.jpg