ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 v 182

Golf GTI PP Mk7
hmm, judging by that gap, im not sure both of them were 100% standard. plus its all down to like weather or not sum1 fluffed up a gear change or whatever. nice find tho.

in theory they shud sit more or less side by side.

MINI JCW
So true, ive seen a video of a 172 cup all over a trophy on the track at the end of the day it will come down to the driver if both cars are std

2003 MK2
Well no one can tell exactly what version are they....
i havent seen 2 exhaust pipes on the 182...
it is aslo pictured in the dark..
there shouldnt be very much differant between these two version as far as i know...

Megane Mk4
Mmm, 182 should have the edge on a mk2 172 as the mk2 is the slowest due to weight, unless it's the cup of course. ;)

Clio
ye ye thats what i meant lol.

Do either of you two know the answer or are you just going to slate my English lol?

cheers

MINI JCW
accroding to test its slightly quicker than a 172, i think in autocar it was 0.8 secs quicker to 60 and 0.9 secs quicker to 100, I think they put this down to better traction. Although it could just have been a better example i.e on another day a 172 may post better times

Golf GTI PP Mk7
accroding to test its slightly quicker than a 172, i think in autocar it was 0.8 secs quicker to 60 and 0.9 secs quicker to 100, I think they put this down to better traction. Although it could just have been a better example i.e on another day a 172 may post better times

yeah its all to do with conditions and driver. ive pulled away from a few 182's in my time. Theres no performance gain you'll notice between them.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
i've pulled away from both 182's and 172's in my cup ... nicky182 will back me up! lol. But really theres nowt in it - round a track it would defo be down to the driver.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
i found the 182 very slightly quicker then a mk1 172, and i found the mk1 172 very slightly quicker then the mk2 172. driver plays the big part.