ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Vs Golf Gti

Flame Red (172)
i'm racing with a 2007 GTI next week,can i overtake him?

i have a modified manifold, head(done in ANGELWORKS;)..), itg filter, k-tec decat.....

Nippy white cup
Mine vs my m8s std GTi - Mine was a fair bit quicker...only time it was reasonably close was slow speeds where his initial torque would pull then I would come on cam and pull it back.

Mine vs same car with APR remap (245bhp and 299ftlb) - From 50- 120 he pulled 1 car....thats were we stopped but I know as soon as I change to 5th his would pull away pretty easily. Problem is he now has an Edition 30...when he gets that remapped he'll be looking at 300+...game over lol

Chris

2005 liquid yellow 182
id stick to racing type-R's haha that way you have very similar ratios and would be a mor even race than a GTi

Fiesta ST Stage 3
:race: Jap and French all the way
av-2278.gif

Mk4 .:R32
I drove my dads 2008 GTi other day. nice power curve for a turbo, pulls well to the red line. I'd say it would be close. I've had a do with one before and he couldn't really keep up. I assume he was a shoite driver.

Black Ph2 172
I hada play with a GTI yesterday and there was absoloutly nothing in it - he pulled away intially due to torque advantage but then once I was above 5,000 i caught him back up. my 172 is completly standard!

To my knowledge and in my old cup
i had wiped out every single GTI there was thats the famous mk1
mk2 GTI VR6 Golf the only one i know it cant touch is the new Golf GTI
and the R32.I dont buy cars to race though so does it really matter NOT