ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Vs Golf tdi

Depends what you want from your car. Also depends what TDI you mean. If you want an out and out hot hatch with no worries over comfort ride/build quality then the obvious answer would be the 172. However if you want something which is very economical with a reasonable turn of speed then the TDI would be good.

As I said depends also on the TDI (90 / 110 / 115 / 130 etc )

Rob

I had a Golf V6 4Motion and i swapped it for a 182 cup. Golf is a brilliant car and well built but the 182 is much more fun to drive.

cock mobile.

Flipping heck!

I pay £1400, but considering how much fun it gives me I can just about justify paying it!

Roll on the no claims bonuses tho!!

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 19 May 2005
:eek: and I thought I was getting ripped off paying £400

Over 30s usually pay around that so stop complaining.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

No I am 18 and have been past my test a year but have been insured on my mums name as a named driver so I havent got any no claims!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Diesel is only really justified if youre doing over 17K per year, as the premium of Diesel, plus price at pump do add up.

DC5

got a 172 cup when I was 20, cheapest I found was elephant.co.uk at £1600, turned 21 and it went down to £650 (with privilege) - 4 years NCB though.

Id have the 172 over golf though. I do a lot of motorway miles, but I was more interested in a fun car to drive than an economical one. It all depends what you are looking for personally!