ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs GTi180....?

Focus RS Mk1
i like the 180's. i weighed one up vs the 172 when i bought my clio. they cost more back then so went for the clio obviously. glad i did too.

MCS R56
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Evo compared the 180 with a Cup. Cup wiped it's feet with it. (in terms of fun and feel, maybe not outright performance)

180 is a bit Halfords looking.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Evo compared the 180 with a Cup. Cup wiped it's feet with it. (in terms of fun and feel, maybe not outright performance)

180 is a bit Halfords looking.

This is because the marketing guys at peugeot won over the technical chaps - ie looks over handling. 206's on 17s are dire, trust me, i went back to 16s on mine & if was like driving a different car!!

Derv, but great fun!!

9.gif

Monaco 172 (02)
I know the 180 can look a bit Over the top but I personally prefer it.
I wish Renault had put a bit more effort into the interior of the 172 somehow. I had a ZR160 and I preffered the seats in that. OK they 172 seats do the job but I do think they are a bit of a let down over Type R's / Astra GSi's etc.

But I bought it to drive, and by most opinions the 172 nips the 180.

Monaco 172 (02)
I think the worst looking 206 is the Grand Turisome or something like that!
Looks like the front was designed around David Coulthards Jaw!

Cammed 182 :)
Having owned a GTi 180 before my 182 i can say that it is slower that 172/182 its about the same as a 106gti in a straight no joke. Round corners it was ok, but the back end would tend to kick out in the wet too easy. The gearbox would crunch many times a week. The traction control is way too sensetive. The only thing better in the pug is the seats/interior everything else its not any where near the 182.
3 months of ownership for the gti 180 was enough I would go on to say it was the worst performance car i have ever owned.