ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs T5 (Police ’un oops)

2012 WRX Waggon

Driving to work at 06:00, minding me own when I notice a car slowly gaining, it was about 100 yards back - so I speed up to maintain this safe distance.....then think - stuff it - see ya!

I vanish off into the distance down a country lane, eventually have to slow for a tight right hander and a sunday driver - look behind, and eventually my pursuer appears - funny didnt know they did volvos with blue and yellow squares....mmmmmmm.

He shoots up behind and follow me for about a mile down some lanes, then on come the lights.

Copper gets out - he looks like hes been on nights.

"good morning officer"

"good morning sir - bit of a bad start to the day a fixed penalty"

mind starts whizzing - "fixed penalty"? he cant know how fast I was going!

"Fixed penalty officer? What for"

"Come-on! your kidding right - How fast we you going then down those lanes"

"err 45"

"I know how fast I was going trying to keep up with you, you should be carefull, you never know whos about"

"Yeah tell me about it!"

"Be carefull and slow down - go on, on your way"

He let me GO!!! either he couldnt be arsed cos it was the end of his shift.

or because he was from Warrington and stopped me over the "border" in Trafford - extra paperwork?

Or he had no evidence.

Think he might just have been a decent bloke, cos I wasnt driving like a complete tool during the rush hour - just a complete tool on a deserted road.

Result!!

lucky bugger, even though theres not a lot he can do about it unless it had a fixed digital camera inside which records speed and time stuff like that, the ones u see on P, C, A programmes

The Jinx

Good escape there Paul!

Happened to me on the A34 in Handforth Dean, only I soptted him early. He followed me all the way to the last roundabout and all the way back! Over 3miles of me ragging it off roundabouts up to 70 and then sitting there while he caught me.

He tried to get me to admit it, but I insisted Id never exceeded 70 as Id seen him. He then informed me I was lucky cso he couldnt get his timing video eqipment locked on to me because I was in and out of traffic!

2012 WRX Waggon

fair play to the Copper though, sure he could have given me a harder time should he have wished - didnt even get a producer!

I didnt think hed got close enough to record/measure anything - All he had was the fact he had to floor his chariot to try to catch me, which if I didnt have to slow for abit of traffic....hed still be tying to do!!

Im gonna do the lottery this weekend!!

320d M Sport

eh good work Paul!

im applying for cheshire Police, and if it were me i would have busted u! lol

which lanes BTW? the ones i go to work on?

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 11 November 2004

eh good work Paul!

im applying for cheshire Police, and if it were me i would have busted u! lol

which lanes BTW? the ones i go to work on?
Ud never get close enough to catch me ;)!

The road was from my house - past the Green dragon, down to the bend at the saracens head - he pulled me at the end of the lanes into Partington.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Maybe he was just a decent chap.

I got stopped for no seatbelt (the only time Ive ever done that) and then found I had a bald tyre.

Just got a producer.

Was a sound guy. Just really depends on how you portray yourself in the vital first few seconds when he first talks. (Unless you get a total kn***er lol) Speak politely and with respect and you usually get it in return.

2012 WRX Waggon

just lucky the T5s aint so hot round bends - Think he might have got close enough on the straights to collect some incriminating data!!

Makes you think though, if hed have been a little closer when I decided to ignite the burners - Id be checking bus routes now!!

Is that true about the 2 constable thing? I got done by a copper for doing 94 on the motorway but I admitted it straight away... Should I of attacted differently? There was no lasers or cameras or anything like that it was just a regular cop car with 1 officer inside... (i got 3 pts btw >.<)

This is a TRUE story that some of you may find extremely annoying!

My mate has a Honda S2000 and a bit of a love of speed. One night after a long motorway journey, he was going along a familiar dual carriageway when a car started following him closely out of a roundabout. He sped up a little and eventually found himself doing 90 or so, trying to lose the car out of roundabouts.

Unfortunately, having the vynil hood up with the plastic screen at the back hid the graphics of a Police car. The lights come on and he pulled over.

A Policewoman came up to him and presented him with the fact hed been speeding - to which he immediately owned up. The Policewoman was accompanied by a senior Policeman, who took an interest in the car. He started chatting to Dan in some detail about the car and asking lots of questions.

After a while, the Policewoman interrupted and told Dan he was lucky that she was "only" giving him 3 points and a fine. "No, that wont be necessary" said the superior, to obvious disgust of his colleague. He then turned to Dan and said "count yourself lucky - we also followed you doing 110 on the motorway".

:confused: :eek:

Had a similar thing, was follwoed by a T5 back to my mates house down the dual carridgeway, 50 limit said i was prolly going about 55/60, he basically said i was lying...which i wasnt, he wasnt following me for long enough to get a decent speed reading, gave me a telling off....was told to clean my car and off he went