ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 vs type r

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Better than......VVVVVVVV VVVVVVV TTTTTTTT!!!

or the

5K KKKKKIIIIICCCCCKKKK!!! haha!

you only picked up on jesus' comments since it was jesus who posted it imo. if it was someone else you would have left it alone. tbh you'll deny that anyhow, it is just my opinion.

spot on 100% correct.

How does this ignore feature work anyway, cant seem to find it??? (Genuine question too, I'm getting bored of the same old routine)

you only picked up on jesus' comments since it was jesus who posted it imo. if it was someone else you would have left it alone. tbh you'll deny that anyhow, it is just my opinion.

spot on 100% correct.

How does this ignore feature work anyway, cant seem to find it??? (Genuine question too, I'm getting bored of the same old routine)

Click on User CP, then buddy/ignore list, then the rest is fairly obvious.

aah excellent :approve:, never clicked on the user CP bit... ooh, I've been a naughty boy :eek:

Back on topic and I cant stand Vtec, I found it had quite a shove when I was sat in the passenger seat, but when your driving it was harder to feel anything other than a slightly different audible note change from the engine and seemingly reving faster.

Maybe I'm looking at things through Rose tinted glasses, but a car that quick should be raw and rewarding like any 80/90's early hot hatches.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I agree the kick in the civic does seem feeble. Its noticable in the atr and itr imo. I was quite shocked the first time i drove it..

spot on 100% correct.

His post made me laugh hence the "lol!"

What also makes me laugh is how the following comments are allowed to be made.

Actually those are your words simpleton,

read at the same level as a 5 year old. Now shove that up your already severely stretched arse and smoke it

As usual Seb, my favourite moderator, seems to let all this go.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
prove it's not ;)

I've driven my mates one countless times and whilst I find it horrible to drive and boring it's certainly quicker than a 172. A decent 172 may be able to hold one off until 100+, but a CTR pulls miles harder at the point you change to 5th in the Clio. Handling on most normal roads I'd say the Clio is much better, as it's more accessable to the majority of people, where the CTR feels stiff and skittish, but I'd imagine stock for stock it's a much better track car. I dont think 172's are that quick (if we're talking about full fat phase 2's), I've seen decent valvers easily keep with them to a ton.

I used to race one on a regular basis and he would come past after the ton,until then nothing in it.

Them valvers you spout of must have had willy engines

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My old valver kept up with a 172 back in the day. Granted it was modded. You do get some quick ones...

Octavia VRS
Sat in one, that's about it! Waiting to see Stoddie's DC5 and Rob's ATR when he's next up. So this i-VTEC of mine is the ghey one?! :(

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well not really. Apparently the dc5 is smooth too as thats i-vtec. Its just the atr and dc2 itr have the old hardcore system.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The Civic is faster round the track - it's right there in that video, and Tiff is a better driver than anyone posting in this thread. Just like, get over it heh. He always does one show boating lap then a quick lap - it just depends whichs bits they decide to show you. Some episodes you see both, some they just tell you the time and show some impressive camera shots - like this one.

Dan

a renault
The Civic is faster round the track - it's right there in that video, and Tiff is a better driver than anyone posting in this thread. Just like, get over it heh. He always does one show boating lap then a quick lap - it just depends whichs bits they decide to show you. Some episodes you see both, some they just tell you the time and show some impressive camera shots - like this one.

Dan

+1

MCS R56
Both are great cars. You get muchos bang per buck from the Clio but the CTR is better quality. It's all down to preference and price at the end of the day.

I much preferred the Clio to drive but I liked the interior of the Civic and the space. Came down to what I paid for my Clio - a lot less than the Civic!! Decision made. (Inc. running costs)

Also, I found the CTR a nightmare in the wet.

just out of interest, did anyone else pick up on the fact that he says "the type r has 197 bhp where as the 182 has 18 less?"

hmmmm

jamie

a renault
just out of interest, did anyone else pick up on the fact that he says "the type r has 197 bhp where as the 182 has 18 less?"

hmmmm

jamie

The type r is 200kg heavier than the clio, if they where the same weight then the type r would wipe the floor with clio. But that's another story all together :)

6/468 17poo
You always have to take these sorts of reviews/head-to-heads with a pinch of salt. All of the TV car show hosts are so biased.

I def agree with that soo true, if they like it they make it look nicer and faster!!

182 still looks better, all day long lol

Ryan

Clio 182

So you pissed on a type R in your 172!? A car that on paper is quicker and in the real world would be so similar in performance that there would not be any difference.

Oh wait you have a cup......

also wouldnt the civic stay in the v-tec once its in? i.e. when changing gears wouldnt it stay in the v-tec band at the lowest point in the rev range?