ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172: Wat Petrol

I hav just bought my first 172 at the age of 21. I am really pleased wiv it up to press but just had a few queires which i thought you guys maybe able to shed some light on.

Firstly wat petrol is best to use as ive notice that it recommends 98 RON. Im currently using standard unleaded but i need to fill up on my way home from work so i might be tempted to try some thing a little different ;)

Secondly wat mods can i do the the engine to give it that bit of an extra kick. I have been looking at getting a PIPERCROSS VIPER CARBON INDUCTION KIT, maybe lower it (but unsure wat suspension to buy?) and a 182 exhaust if thats possible. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some details of approved places that are in the business of doing this.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Use either Optimax, BP Ultimate or Super Unleaded wherever possible...

As for mods, try K-Tec, BB Tuning and Hill Power.

Optimax for me and suspension wise the Eibach Pro kit seems to always get a good review if you are looking for perrormance over cosmetic.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Super Unleaded is generally 97, but Total does 98

Ultimate is 97

Optimax is 98+

How much difference to performance does it actually make? (normal unleaded vs Optimax/Ultimate/etc).

A colleague at work claims to get 50 miles more from a tank in her 1.4 clio when using Optimax, but I thought a higher RON figure would only affect performance? Am I missing something?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Atol Race fuel...103 Octane...At the price of £75 for 25l Smells like cherrys n Strawberrys! ;)

I use Optimax usually, just cause im collecting the supercars!