ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Xenon/HID quality

Hi guys,

Just need a general opinion from you guys with 172/182 xenons, do you think our xenons are bright compared to others like Audi and BMW's? Also what do you think of the colour that the clio projectors gives out compared to others?

Cheers,
K.

J

Jim NM

They are fookin blindin' mate I am turning mine off (the auto light sensor thingy) I am not keen on driving around with the lights on when it gets slightly dim. everyone will think that is a fookin Volvo or summut !!!LOL

Hi Jim,

hehehe. Blinding eh:) So i take it that means they are freakingggg bright:p I thought those BMW's etc are brighter than ours....I guess not.

Cheers,
K.

I see. Yeah i find them bright the other night because i went into my mates mazda 3 and he had halogens, it was so dark i couldn't see anything lol. What do you think of the colour they give out? I can never see for myself as i can't find any clios with xenons driving in the other direction or behind me as its so rare around here....

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I find my xenons on my 52 MK2 172 a nice bright blue colour, they take quite a few hours to bed in when they are new then they get brighter.

K3nnis come down to where i live there are lots of Renault Sport clios.:D

Fletch123 said:
I find my xenons on my 52 MK2 172 a nice bright blue colour, they take quite a few hours to bed in when they are new then they get brighter.

K3nnis come down to where i live there are lots of Renault Sport clios.:D

Hi Fletch,

Yeah would love to come down but i am at the other side of the world:p Sydney!

I wish our lights were bixenon:)

Cheers,
K.

HIDs without projectors are brighter

older cars with HID conversion kits are loads brighter.

i dont think the 172/182 xenons are that bright to be honest.

Tangoed Works
I had another black RS182 behind me in the Blackwall Tunnel, the lights were fukin blinding!! Now I know why people, make all sorts of funny gestures telling me to turn my high beams off! LOL, oh well, hurrah for Xenons!

I think they a very bright, always get people flashing me as they think I have full beam on, get's right on my t1ts!!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have Xenons on my Clio and loads of times people flash me or just pull over because they think I have full beam on...

I have seen a few 172/182's in the oppostite direction with them on and they do look bright:). I love it though when you just turn them on and you get that really nice blue colour then it goes a little lighter:). Why can't they be the same colour though when first switched on?. As they go lighter.

Tangoed Works
"Guy you need to understand TBH.

They are so much brighter. Another one that hasn't got them??????"

He used to have a HID conversion on his old 10Sax. So if anything, I think he is in a better position to judge whether a standard lamp with HID bulbs will be brighter than a projector with HID's in them.

Thanks guys for the info. Sounds like they are bloody bright:) I only had 1 person flash at me for the past 11 months lol.

blaze said:
Guy you need to understand TBH.

They are so much brighter. Another one that hasn't got them??????

as jay said, think im in a better position than most people on here

i owned a 106 that had normal frosted halogen h4 headlights as standard and fitted a HID conversion kit from america and it was alot brighter than my standard fit 182 HID's behind a projector lens.

the 172 and 182's look bright dotn get me wrong, but they dont seem to light up the road aswell as my old lights used to and also dont give a good range, might raise the 182 lamp level and see how that goes.

Clio V6 255
They should get more blue with age you'll be pleased to know! Which is another annoying feature should you need to change one, as they'll have slightly different tones.

Hi guys,

My 172 MK2 is about 4 years old. I suppose the xenons are burned in:)

Also if i lower my 172 with sportslines will i need to adjust my xenons up?

Cheers,
K.

BMW 120i Sport
The xenons on my beemer are definitely a more blue tinge than the xenons on my 182, but the xenons on my 182 were definitely brighter although they looked less "bling" from the outside.

Higher colour temp, yes, but sacrificing brightness. I preferred the xenons on my 182.

Megane Mk4
k3nnis said:
Hi guys,

My 172 MK2 is about 4 years old. I suppose the xenons are burned in:)

Also if i lower my 172 with sportslines will i need to adjust my xenons up?

Cheers,
K.

Wouldn't have thought you'd need to touch them tbh, should have auto-levelers if you have xenon iirc

Big G said:
The xenons on my beemer are definitely a more blue tinge than the xenons on my 182, but the xenons on my 182 were definitely brighter although they looked less "bling" from the outside.

Higher colour temp, yes, but sacrificing brightness. I preferred the xenons on my 182.

Hi there,

Is your BMW older or the 182? Myabe the 182 hasn't burned in yet?

Cheers.

106 GTi
When I get in the 182 after driving my 306 I realise how bright the 182 lights are - no complaints here.

'18 Megane dci
k3nnis said:
Heya,

You mean your 1.2 Clio using non HIDs had better range?

Cheers,
K.

I thought so yes. :D I'm not keen on how the xenons range just cuts off ie. on unlit sections of motorway.

Last edited:
  Ford Fiesta
renaultsport clio xenons are top notch ones imo. really bright blue from a distance.

Turbos.
My 172's xenons give a cool blue light but then they aren't as good as my Mini's. To be fair the car is a few years old so i guess technology has moved on.

I think i am gonna put some sportslines on. And hopefully the auto leveller will fix it up by itself, i.e. i don't need to adjust the headlights manually....