ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 xenons still not working

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Just replaced the bulbs and they still don't work and blow fuses when switched on. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

ur megane r26
hey u havent touched the bulbs have you, im not 100 percent sure if this is the reason for them not working, but when i replaced mine i got told not to touch the bulbs

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
I've tried everything I can think of now so I've just booked it in at Walker Renault. £76 for 1 hours diagnostics :-0

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Have you changed the starter packs?

Sounds like they maybe at fault.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Oh! hes gone....something we said ?

Hi Mike, are you having a nice Day

Not bad actually, considering the missus hates me for having a go at her yesterday, and just about everything that can break having broken!

Yourself?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Not bad actually, considering the missus hates me for having a go at her yesterday, and just about everything that can break having broken!

Yourself?
She loves you really ;)

Oh. and I havent broken anything yet today.

She doesn't! Lol. She told me last night she'd love to give me a good hard punch! But didn't have the heart to.

And inbetween looking after broken systems, my 'colleagues' have kindly been switching random servers off to replace memory...

Joy of joys!!

What you do for a living? Moderator can tidy this up when sonnyjim tells us details.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
She loves you really ;)

Oh. and I havent broken anything yet today.

She doesn't! Lol. She told me last night she'd love to give me a good hard punch! But didn't have the heart to.

And inbetween looking after broken systems, my 'colleagues' have kindly been switching random servers off to replace memory...

Joy of joys!!

What you do for a living? Moderator can tidy this up when sonnyjim tells us details.

Me,

Im a bouncer at Mothercare. The moneys rubbish, but I get to play with the toys. ;)

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Whats the history of this problem. ? lets see if I can help you.

Standard 172 xenons, passenger side stopped working first the the other one a few weeks later. Noticed the fuses had blown so I replaced them but they blow again when you put the lights on. Replaced the bulbs, still the same. Its going into renault tomorrow for diags. As much as it will be expensive I hope they find the UCH to be at fault as it already has an intermittant fault that affects the drivers side window.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
UCH board sounds like the reason.
Bit expensive if it's not under warranty

The fault with the window happened to me once while it was under warranty then stopped for ages......until the warranty ran out (literally a month later). So as much as its gonna be expensive I'm kinda hoping its that rather than another faulty unit. At least if it is that my car should be fault free again.

Just hope Renault don't try to dry ass rape me by telling me I need other stuff doing. They want £80 just for the diags.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Have you changed the starter packs?

Sounds like they maybe at fault.

would they blow the fuses though?

If full of water yeah why not?
one of mine had water in the starter pack!

Forget paying your stealer for diag the parts are interchangable, drop the bumper off and swop parts over from one headlamp to the other until the fault moves.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
Just found out its because both ballast have gone. Renault wanted £600 so I've told them to put it back together and i'll do it myself. Just need to find some ballast units cheaper than what renault want.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
One went about a month before the other one, don't forget about the renault 36 month self destruct software.