ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172cup vs 206 gti 180

clio rs
172cup vs 206 gti 180

friend of mine wants to test my at the lights, i dont wanna be on the loosing end. which will be the faster car

Dirty E91
Down to the driver IMO.

Cup should have the upper hand due to weight, etc, think the pug engine is quite strong.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd say the Cup, fairly easily

I've pulled on one from a rolling start of about 40mph quite easily

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You shall have him by a car length with a good launch, again its the weight deficit that the Pug carries (1125kg's) against the Cups 1090kg's!

RS 172
cup will win if you don't stuff the start! Even if you stuff the start you should still beat it!

clio sport 182
iv driven both and deffo the clio mate,imo the 180 engine seems gutless after 4k,i driven both as i was going to by either the 180 gti of the 182 and like i said the clio won it for power

Audi S1
oh btw... clio hands down... i hate pugs, only ever driven a 1.4 quicksilver but still was enough to put me off

MCS R56
There was a good write up in Evo a while back on this particular 'V's' chat. The Cup came out on top by a country mile, in terms of performance and fun factor. There won't be a massive amount of difference in a straight drag but the Cup should edge it due to being lighter.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
People say the seating position is pretty bad in the Clio (although i cannot disagree more it suits me) But the 206 is like driving a go-kart on a trampoline

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You shall have him by a car length with a good launch, again its the weight deficit that the Pug carries (1125kg's) against the Cups 1090kg's!

Cup is lighter than 1090??? A normal 182 FF is 1110kg.

Silver 182
Grown some balls yet fella and stuffed him ??
Let me know the score when your ready.
Home win for me all the way unless he has some suprising mods....then your excuse might have to be Oooops i stalled