ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 172 bla bla bla ????

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Rite this is really driving me crazy, may be a really stupid question but will someone please explain what the difference is between a 182 and a 172 that everyone keeps going on about on ere. an how dya tell the difference??? pics would be appreciated to help my brain distinguish between them lol. Cheers

172 Cup
You've been on this forum for 7 months and you've just got round to asking that question?

Anyway.. There's numerous differences but a quick search will reveal all.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
You've been on this forum for 7 months and you've just got round to asking that question?

Anyway.. There's numerous differences but a quick search will reveal all.

lol yep pretty much, never bothered askin but now its doing me head in. ah well ill av a scan an see wat i can find, cheers

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
The 172 had 2 phases and took over from the williams mantle, when it had run its course Renault gave it a mini make over, a bit of extra power, some new hype, and then cashed in again. The 182 didn't run for half as long before being replace by the new shaped clio 197.

There 95% the same car, but like all new models they need to make it slightly better than the last to sell.

On the road, there is a small difference, where the 172 had the cup the 182 got a trophy and a cup version, handling is similar, the 182 accellerates more like a 172 cup, other than that silver seatbelts, different wheels and tyres and a twin exit exhaust are the main visual give aways.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^^ thats a good general round up.

Hopefully its another 10 minutes at least until someone asks that question again...lol