ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182/172 Side skirt HELP!

Clio Campus 1.2 16v
Hey guys, 1.2 57 plate campus owner here looking at fitting 172/182 side skirts.

I have looked at other posts and seen that people have said you also need to upgrade the wings but i dont think this is the case with my car? (I am most likely wrong).

Here is a photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6aixtl81i4oimk2/IMG_2104.JPG?dl=0

I want to put side skirts on just to make the car a little less ugly due to the horrid metal work thats on show.

Sadly, upgrading both skirts and wings isn't really an option for me. I've heard of people talking about replica skirts (specifically, ktec) but i haven't actually had any luck finding them.

Is there any or much difference between 172/182 skirts? which ones should i be getting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as im absolutely clueless. Recommended places to find either real or replica skirts would be great too, spraying is not a problem either.

Many thanks!

With the wings you have in the pic above you will need the sport wings for the sport skirts.
Also, if your fitting the sport wings, you'll need the sport bumper.

There is no difference between the 172 and 182 body panels.
There are variations though, for example; a cup spoiler. Although it was an option on both 172 & 182.

Below is a link to a set of skirts that will fit your wings.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=120943054447

Cory.

Listerine & Poledo
The most cost effective way of doing what you want is to buy a crapped-out old 172 and asset-strip it for the parts you'll need to get those skirts working.

As Cory says, it's more than just screwing the skirts on. Find a 172 with a bricked engine and you shouldn't have to part with much cash at all.

Alternatively, buy a 172 and sell the shopping trolley, that way not only will it look the part, but it'll actually move too.