ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 6-Speed

Scirocco GT 210
Can do, but it'll cost mega £££ because I think the 197 gearbox is too big to fit properly?

Could be completely wrong though!

RSC 182 Cup
pointless, they still have the same top end, just extra gear changes to get there!

Well its not pointless. I mean i only use 3 out of 5 gears on the track (ok, i just touch 4th on the straight) so it would be cool to have some extra punch out of the corners with a lower gear ratio.

Lionel Richie
we can convert the original JC5 5speed box to a 6speed unit unsing the original housing etc etc

not cheap though!

Lionel Richie
i learn't that of yoz lol!!! when a customer asks you to explain something, just tell them its a "praaaaaaaper jaaaarb" (in an irish acent)

RSC 182 Cup
So is this the sort of mod thats just not worth it or is it just not very popular cause you dont get high numbers to brag about?

Its just that ive tried a hill climb course in my 182Cup and the gears were waaaay too long for that so it would be interesting to see what it would be like with a close box. Not that I have nearly enough cash to spend on it at the moment hehe :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Way too much a waste of money.

What would be interesting is a 6th gear ON TOP of the current 5th, as I think the engine would do so much better at cruising if it wasn't forced to rev so high at 'normal' motorway cruising speeds.

williams 2
if ur 182 is too taller geared get a 172 cup box! shorter than ur standard one although on certain ones the speedo drive can be differant so best check before u buy!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You could do it....

All you need is a PK6 012, an adapter plate, an hydraulic clutch slave clinder, 2 CV joints ( inner that mate up to the PK6 box ) some high pressure pipe and a clutch pedal that has a master cylinder attached.

Bolt the plate onto the block, make a template of the gearbox bellhousing, drill the nescessary holes - bolt it on ( make sure the main drive from the box aligns and fits into the flywheel on the F4R lump. Use the 172 clutch.

Fabricate a bracket for the clutch pedal / master cylinder bolt it up and then attach the pipework going to the hydraulic slave cylinder. Make a reservoir and bleed the system up.

Then cut the ends of your 172 shafts ( inner sections ) measure, balance and attach them to the CV joints that slot into the PK6 box. Some PK6 boxes have speedo drives and some dont ( ABS models ) so if your car is a cup or a full fat you can be sorted either way.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Yes it is - cut the chassis leg out like i did with mine :D

The 6 speed i had in my clio was huge and i had to cut a small section of the leg out to make it fit - you know what im on about, you saw it

Lionel Richie
the ND0 box was touching the chassis leg when i put it in my car, you'd have to cut the chassis leg off completley to fit a PK6!!!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
144_4484.jpg

144_4485.jpg

PK6.jpg

As you can see the PK6 isnt that much bigger than the JC5