ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ABS (suspected) problem.

54 Clio 182 2.0
So I only just bought my 182 on saturday, it has just passed its MOT earlier this month and the problem that I am encountering is when im going round a corner at around 25 to 30 mph and I turn the wheel quite sharply it seems that the ABS turns on and slows the car right down untill I turn out of the corner, i would have come to a full stop if I dident turn the wheel so I would be going straight. The abs light comes on now and then but I thought that would be due to new brakes fitted. Anyone have the same problem ?

Thankyou

BMW M135i
No but the ESP has the option to brake wheels itself, where abouts are you based? It needs to go on clip really first to check otherwise it'll just be trial by replacement which will get expensive. The fact that it happens on turning the wheel makes me think steering angle sensor but need to be checked out to be 100%.

I can do it for a small fee if your anywhere near.

No but the ESP has the option to brake wheels itself, where abouts are you based? It needs to go on clip really first to check otherwise it'll just be trial by replacement which will get expensive. The fact that it happens on turning the wheel makes me think steering angle sensor but need to be checked out to be 100%.

I can do it for a small fee if your anywhere near.

Ahh yeh, do they have a button on the dash to turn the ESP off? my old citroen c2 used to, this would also confirm its the issue.

BMW M135i
I doubt it'll be the brake pedal switch if its braking the car, all that does is chucks the esp, abs and serv lights on. Has no effect on the running of the car other you've got no abs once it trips.

54 Clio 182 2.0
Hi everyone I still have the problem posted above, the Abs light dosent come up anymore, the problem dosent occur if i stop n press the esp button but i dont know if it is on or off as there is no light :dapprove:! I had my cambelt changed at Birchdown and he said the ABS rings are intact and nothing wrong with them!,

I have been told that theres a "G" sensor under the handbrake that causes this certain problem... and also it costs about £400 to buy the sensor by itself ?? (apparently)--The lads at Birchdown have never heard of this?

Anyone Know what this could be !? Its really fustrating because i pretty much cant have fun in my 182 :dapprove:

Cheers, Stef