ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm, 3 beeps

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Is any one on here still experiencing the three beep thing with their alarm? Not convinced the reason is about arming it to soon after closing the doors. Took mine to the dealer today for their thoughts on the matter. Technician is getting in contact with Cobra. Any feed-back from people on here would be handy. Thanks.

Shaun.

ive had it every time ive locked tthe "beast" as it has now been christened but havin checked it, it is totally armed every time. if yours isnt get in touch wiv renolt..sorry but i am pissed now

dk

911 GTS Cab

never does it to me but everytime my dad moves my car and then locks it he says it does it? i say he is arming it too quickly after shutting the door.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My 172 does it if either you open the door to quickly after unlocking the car. Or the normal reason is the door or boot isnt shut fully.

May be a dodgy door pin switch???

Hope you get it sorted.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Hmmm... well its deffinately the doors not being closed properly, and like i said, it doesnt seem to be if i arm it too soon after closing the doors. Have tried the waiting game, and arming it quickly. Theres just no pattern. Thanks for all your replies so far tho!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Sorry, im a bit p***ed, i meant to say, its deffinately NOT the doors not being closed properly!.... hick...

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

So, can i get an idea of how many people are , or have experianced this problem with their alarms. Or better still, anyone whose had theirs fixed! Would like to take it further with Renault. Some idea of how many cars are effected would be great. Thanx..

I have this problem all the time, like you said, theres no pattern to it. I believe what it means is that the internal sensors arent armed - just like if you flip the ignition on/off twice and then get 4 beeps.

I need to have my alarm checked I think.

Has anyone who gets the 3 beeps tried leaving the window down a touch, locking the car, when there are no beeps (so everything is locked as normal), or even when they do get 3 beeps, sticking their arm in the car and trying to set the alarm off? I have tried this but am unable to make the alarm sound. This makes me think theres a fault.

Ford Fiesta

strike take into account that the ultrasonics adjust as they are arming and it could take up to 2-3mins before they are active, test them again after about 3 mins. best sit in the car v stioll then move after 3 mins..

Cheers Liam, if that is the case, I need to test this on an unsuspecting victim. Someone who happens to fall asleep in the passenger seat... someone who wakes up after around 3 mins... someone who then craps themselves after setting the alarm off... hmm maybe not such a good idea then...

:devilish:

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Success!!! Heard from my dealer today. Theyve been in touch with Cobra, and they recognise there IS a fault with the alarm. So i need to book in at my dealer for a bit of warranty work. Will let let you all know how i get on in a few days.

Shaun.

Ford Fiesta

its only happened to me once take it it is happening lot more for some of you...

dk

911 GTS Cab

this only happens when my dad locks the car, would like to know what happens and if i need to tek mine in.

cheers

p.s. that reminds me, i need to go back to renault to ask them about their findings on the esp, abs and serv lights that came on for me a month ago as they were doing an investigation into there being a fault with the computer, will let you know if anything happens regarding this.

mine did that 3 beep thing today, shortly after having a fit (and really annoying the neighbours) because the car battery was running low.

thanks as always to camden renault in northampton who were on the ball as usual. problem with your alarm? cant go anywhere? no problem, we can book your car in for next tuesday. which was really helpful </sarcasm>.

i solved the problem myself by running the engine for a while. stupid renault. stupid french car.

</girly rant>

mine went in to the dealer as it went through a spate of 3 beeping and then failed completely someone from cobra came down and fixed it but dealer doesnt know what they did. sorry

this was last month maybe the dealers are becoming aware (this was reno birmingham)

Mine does the same - no pattern to it - just when it feels like it...

Interesting thread this - looks like summat else for the list!

hi everyone,

ive just joined the forum, not a member yet. i have a 4 month old 182 which i have had a few problems with and one was with the alarm. i took it to the dealer and they told me that it had been wired up wrong, they re-wired it and now i have had no further problems.

I will tell all about the other problems when i have more time, especially about needing a new exhaust, because dealer cracked it, its been 3 weeks on order and there is no sign of a release date from the factory.

Wicked! Mines just done it for first time (shut the drivers door and it went beep beep beep! double checked and all doors/windows shut tightly).

So, disarmed & re-armed = no beeps at all! I feel like part of the club now. My 182s a week old tomorrow... bless her.

Will see what happens over time, but interesting to know that others have had this too.

yeah would be nice to sort out this issue. mine has done it 3-4 times now. just hope that it dont mean someone cant steel ya car really easy when it does that.

172 cup TT

this happened on my cup last night for the first time.... i know what caused it in my case... i was sitting there being all mongy, being a nob and just flicking the ignition from off to all electrics on and off again a few times in a row.. just listening to all the electric gizmos around the car firing up... wasnt starting the engine, just one click round.. but after doing this, got out, and 3beep alarmed for the 1st time.. hmm...

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Floodie, are you sure there werent 4 beeps? As you were messin about turning the ignition on and off, you probably dis-armed the ultra sonics inside, that bleeps 4 times. It then resets itself next time you arm the alarm.

Got my car boked in at the dealer for the warrantee work on the alarm on the 19th of this month. Will put a post on here when its done to tell you all what the problem was.

For those of you who also have this problem, Cobra, who supply the alarm, are aware of the problem and have a remedy. Contact your dealer to get it fixed under warrentee.

Shaun

ok so I did the test... Locked the car (no 3 beeps this time) sat still for 3 minutes or so. Then I moved. The alarm sounded - I dont think passer-bys found it as amusing as I did that there was someone flailing around inside a car with the alarm sounding! :D

Now the strange thing... before I did the test, my alarm would give the 3 beeps 9/10 times when locking. Since the test, 3 days later, I have not hurt the 3 beeps once. Bazaar.

Mine seems to do the 3 beep thing if the alarm has gone off (Say in the middle of the night) and i go back to the car in the morning and unlock it.

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by Shaun182 on 10 July 2004

Floodie, are you sure there werent 4 beeps? As you were messin about turning the ignition on and off, you probably dis-armed the ultra sonics inside, that bleeps 4 times. It then resets itself next time you arm the alarm.

HI Shaun - sorry for the delay... no, definately 3 beeps... its never happened since... dont know what that was about.. maybe i confused it for a bit... it all seems ok now tho..

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Got my alarm fixed under warranty today!! There is a yellow wire which feeds into a multi-plug. The wire that feeds the yellow wire doesnt cut the power quick enough and confuses the computer which, in turn, tells the alarm system that there is a problem which creates it to emit three beeps upon locking. The wire is removed and returned to a main power supply. Doesnt make much sense to me but thats the jist of it. It only took him about half an hour to fix. Seems strange it doesnt bleep anymore!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Cheers Shaun, looks like Ill have to get mine booked in then.

Mine only does it when I lock it after closing the drivers side door, if I go in the boot first then lock it, its fine.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Yup, mine did it when using drivers door, never got around to trying the other doors.... All fixed now tho!!:)

RB 182

Just bought a Y Reg Dynamique and it does exactly the same as what you guys have been talking about, it warrenty with Renualt finishes on Tuesday, but it still has almost all of the warrenty from the garage.

Thanks for all the information in this post, Ive found it very useful.