ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alarm Problems

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
My alarm on my 182 is constantly going off throughout the night, and its becoming extremley annoying.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Renault Dealer wants £80 just to diagnose the fault, but id rather just disconnect the alarm, or take a hammer to it, LOL.

On a serious note, does anyone know how to either disconnect the alarm, or how to stop the interior ultrasonics arming on the 182?

thanks in advance

Raf

Dynamique Flamer
You can turn it off as my mate has a 182 and she couldnt leave her dog in the car but she can now

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
my alarm goes off randomly too, but it didnt go off when some fooker smashed the window, or kicked the mirror off. Its useless.

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
So basically its a case of crappy french electrics again! lol

Glad im not keeping this car and getting a german car soon, I think the french should stick to eating frogs legs and love making, its probably the only things there good at.

Makes me nervous to ever fly on an airbus again, if they cant even make a car work correctly!

Arctic Blue 182
Haha Kerry my moment of glory has come as it is I who knows the secret :)

To disable the interior sensors turn the ignition key two clicks so that battery lights come on, do this twice within 6 seconds and then remove key and lock. You should hear 3 or 4 beeps!

I also fixed my problem with alarm going off all the time by pointing the sensors that are at each cornor of the windscreen up so that they are aimed mostly at the roof!

It goes off once in a blue moon now rather than 5 times a night

Hope this helps :)

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
Thanks Chapperz

Will try this, seems the unltrasonics are way too sensative, will try and get Reno to remove them alltogether.

Arctic Blue 182
good luck with that fella they will charge you an arm and a leg. There is a guide somewhere which tells you how to make them less sensative. It has to do with swaping the wires over that lead to the sensors i manage to get reanult to tell me where they were in the car but found the below fix worked.

Pointing them towards or so the beam is going along the roof towards the back of the car and in as far as they go works and doesnt cost you a bean!

If my alarm goes of now i go and check to see if someone messing with it! There isnt any of course but thats how rarely it goes off now!

RS 172+
I always disable the ultrasonic sensors when parked at my office at Heathrow... or it's a dead cert to go off every two minutes!

Only annoying thing now is if I lock the car and open door again within 30 seconds the alarm sounds. Anyone know a workaround?

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
Cool thanks for your help Chapperz.

It does seem Renault dealers are very expensive, I was driving an 06 plate Impreza STI for the last two years, and the servicing and repair costs were cheaper than on this 182, basically because there built properly and dont go wrong. LOL