ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 alarm sounding..

Ford Fiesta
never had any probs with it, recently alarm has been going off. Reading LED blinks states interior ultrasonics has been activated.

Seems to be when I park it at work close to a automatic electrical gate. But have done so a while and only affecting it now.

Usually ok when parked at home. Anyone else had problems? Thought it may be an insect or something in car but no.

Liam

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Hi Liam,

I've not had a problem the same as yours, but I had the issue with the alarm not setting itself correctly (basically, when you hit the fob, it emits 3 or 4 high pitched beeps when it locks the doors) but when talking to the Technician at the Dealership, he did mention that the Alarm interior-sensors are somewhat adjustable, and that in some cases, they have adjusted the sensitivity down a little, to stop the alarm going off so much!

It might be worth asking your dealer if you can have something similar checked?

Ford Fiesta
yes, there was a chap on here who actually fitted them at the docks for renault, cant remember his name though?

thing is its been fine since i got it, not even had the common beeps when arming problem. So cant see the sensitivity needing adjusting, did they say how to adjust it yourself?
dont like going to renault.

Liam

Ford Fiesta
actually remembered who it was now, it was andy.m on here who fits them to cars at the docks.
Liam

182 w/busted splitter :-(
IIRC, the guy at the Dealer mumbled something about having to "re-program" something to adjust the sensitivity.

Don't know how true this is - there's folks about here who may know more than I about such matters - but I guess any competant car-electrical company should be able to do it?

funny you should say this..

came out of work today, unlocked my car, ''beep beep beep beep'' so my alarm must have gone off at some point today aswell..

its never really gone off before. get the occasional common 2-4 beeps when arming sometimes though.

the alarm isnt actually going off, i have parked my car got out locked it, been near it for like 5 mins no alarm going off then gone to get something and beep beep beep beep even if the alarm has not gone off. i dont get it!

Ford Fiesta
mine has gone off though, ive heard it sounding. Then read the led blinks and it always states interior ultrasonic has been activated.

182 Cup/GT3/RS4/Mini!
I find that if I unlock my car and quickly open the door it gives me a quick blast of the siren - almost as though I've opened the door too quickly before the alarm has had the chance to dis-arm the cure from my local stealers is to enter slowly :p

Ford Fiesta
CuptainPugwash said:
I find that if I unlock my car and quickly open the door it gives me a quick blast of the siren - almost as though I've opened the door too quickly before the alarm has had the chance to dis-arm the cure from my local stealers is to enter slowly :p

thats a common issue with the alarms and can be fixed. Luckily mine has never done that.

How do I get to the siren, is it under the scuttle panel on the drivers side of the screen, struggle even to remove this!

Last edited:
Well I have the same problem.
I cannot set the alarm as it will go off anything upto 48hrs later for ultrasonics.
Took it to the dealership who said that they could not find any problem. Left it with them overnight. Still no problem. Took it home 23.30 alarm is going off.
Now I always disarm the ultrasonics as it less problamatic now. If I left it I would probably have a brick through the window as the neighbours would not like being woken constantly!
Been lke this for about 12 months now.
Tel