ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Alloys Bubbling

Titanium Clio 182
My alloys are starting to bubble on the inside edges. Is this normal? I think this is because i've been using Wonder Wheels every 3 - 4 weeks to easily clean the wheels. But i've been rinsing each wheel after i've used wonder wheels for about 1 - 2 min after wards.

Thanks in advance.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Certainly sounds like the wonder wheels ( acid ) has got under the lacquer / paint . Every 3 - 4 is way too much , maybe just a one time application if nothing else would shift the brake dust .

Titanium Clio 182
oh well, s**t happens. I will just have to buy some new alloys in a couple of years time.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You could get em refurbed , if its only the paint and not kerbing as well it wouldn't cost you much .

Where in the UK are ya ?

Any pics of the bubbling ??

Titanium Clio 182
Well i have kerbed them also. How much does it cost to get them fully refurbished, i like the alloys so would it work out cheaper to get them refurbished than to buy a new set?

I'm from Middlesbrough

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
mcyates said:
Well i have kerbed them also. How much does it cost to get them fully refurbished, i like the alloys so would it work out cheaper to get them refurbished than to buy a new set?

I'm from Middlesbrough

These are they guys that yozzasport use . Definitely cheaper to get em refurbed .

http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/

I've just had mine done mate. It cost me £60 for 2 wheels and seems a good job. I'd defo recommend a refurb over new alloys. :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Stevo_evo said:
I've just had mine done mate. It cost me £60 for 2 wheels and seems a good job. I'd defo recommend a refurb over new alloys. :)

Who did yours Steve ? Proclean ?? IIRC a 182 alloy new is about £110 .

Lionel Richie
£170 from me (i know the owner of laptab)

thats for all 4 wheels inc tyre removal/refit + new valves + balance

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Stevo_evo said:
Yeh, you been there?

No . Saw you were from Liverpool though , was gonna use em about a few months ago for my 172 but sold it so didn't need to bother . Heard they were good though from a guy who repaired my 172's seat .