ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and 172 exhaust

White Evo V
I have recently fitted a 182 bumper to my 172 and took it down to my local powerflow today to get a price for the twin exhaust doing. They told me the price will be higher than usual as there is alot of work involved in bending the exhaust round the spare wheel well. They told me that a 182 has a different spare wheel well to the 172 to accomadate for the exhaust. Is this true or are they bullshittin me!! Thought they were the same?

172cup
as above.

you do realise even the 172cup doesn't get a spare. 2 cans of foam

nothing to do with exhaust... just to save weight.

93 rsi
as above.

you do realise even the 172 doesn't get a spare. 2 cans of foam

just the 172 cup or all of them?

i lost my spare of my mk1 somewhere, got back an the carrier was missing with my spare, was new tyre too

BMW M3
Yeah.. their telling it straight.

Foam cans are rubbish. Work well if you have a slow punture and spot it early. No use if you have a blowout or serious puncture.

BMW M3
as above.

you do realise even the 172 doesn't get a spare. 2 cans of foam

just the 172 cup or all of them?

i lost my spare of my mk1 somewhere, got back an the carrier was missing with my spare, was new tyre too

Im pretty sure most 172s do have spares. Maybe not cups then. But it was because of the exhaust system. There is no room with the 182 exhaust.

172cup
yup only the 172cup comes with 2 cans of foam. and they work really well actually. i used them on my mates 17" wheel and it was flat as a pancake

(but only at the bottom)