ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and acivic type r

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
should of bought a cup:rasp: Once you get used to the car im sure you would put up more of a challenge!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Funkyjahooner said:
Why, would a cup of put up more of a challenge as opposed to a 182 ???

no he should of bought a cup cos there quicker (real cup that is)lol just a joke mate and i meant once he gets used to the car he might drive it better/quicker. But then he could be a top class driver and the 182 just doesnt have a chance with a vec3.2/CTR

Astra VXR 17/05/07
crazycup said:
no he should of bought a cup cos there quicker (real cup that is)lol just a joke mate and i meant once he gets used to the car he might drive it better/quicker. But then he could be a top class driver and the 182 just doesnt have a chance with a vec3.2/CTR

But he`s used to a 380bhp cossie you know *rolls eyes*

So i`m sure he can handle a mere 182 *rolls eyes*

Leon Cupra R 225
Funkyjahooner said:
But he`s used to a 380bhp cossie you know *rolls eyes*

So i`m sure he can handle a mere 182 *rolls eyes*

LOL! Should have bought a HPA Motorsports Golf R32....

0-60 in 3.2 would have been more appropriate for straightline speed ;)

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
he may be used to big power but what about handling :eek:

p.s I take it back about the cup being quicker before everyone with a chip on thier shoulder starts ww3

Astra VXR 17/05/07
So far we have had a Vectra v6 thread and a civic type r thread, all from some guy called "cossie dave " or something that now owns a 182 >???

Lol , can`t wait for cossie daves next thread.

182 v ice cream van ?

Focus RS, 182 gone
cossie dave said:
fook me only ad car a day been fooked by a v6 vectra now a fookin 05 plate civic type r

Id have thought you'd have had the vectra, you need to hold these cars back untill the clio comes on cam, then nail it :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
well there is summat wrong if a ctr has had you, there is a dick hair in it.....

Leon Cupra R 225
gt_gaz said:
well there is summat wrong if a ctr has had you, there is a dick hair in it.....

agreed. races against ctr's should be sooo close if both are good drivers... ;)

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Another thread with a wealth of knowledge within....:rolleyes:

We should sticky all these and then fry them....:sleepy:

CJ

Blue ph1 172
FILM_shrek_2_alene_456363h.jpg

Clio 172 mk2
Big Iain said:
no way ur 182 should be ripping the type r a new arsehole, its so much faster ;)

Definately not

TBH with the powerband of the CTR it must require a bit more skill to keep the power on tap

CJ

Blue ph1 172
And as far as a v6 vectra is concerned my mate has one and I did actually take him to pieces.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Over 80mph there is no way you would keep up with a 2.5v6.The long gearing and torque would just leave a 182

ian

why would a 182 struggle with a Vectra V6? It's got little power advantage, the torque isn't particalarly amazing and is offset against the fact it weighs as much as freight train and isn't even remotely sporty :S

BMW 330d :)
I had two type r's at crail in my 172 cup although they maybe would be pulling it back over 100mph. The v6 vectras are quite nippy but Ive never had any probs with them. I spend my time winding up porsche boxster s owners ;)

Golf 7R
Not so hard to believe a CTR beat you, the majority of CTR's have been spooned ( zorst) filter and remap so vtec cuts in quicker, my friend owns one and he says on his forum very little are standard.
In any case standard vs standard i would pull a nats c*ck from him to 60 and at silly speeds he would start to gain, with a few well selected mods those cheese shaped breadvans can be pretty quick. as for the vectra v6 if it was from a standing start you would be all over him, once your up to speed say 90-110 he may gain, as the clio ( mine at least ) is at its quickest to about 90-100 then takes a while from there.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
TheJesus said:
why would a 182 struggle with a Vectra V6? It's got little power advantage, the torque isn't particalarly amazing and is offset against the fact it weighs as much as freight train and isn't even remotely sporty :S

clio's are pants over 100mph and run out of steam very quickly.Off the mark of course the clio would have it.can anyone say at 110 -120 there clio puts them back in the seat

ian

ian 182 said:
clio's are pants over 100mph and run out of steam very quickly.Off the mark of course the clio would have it.can anyone say at 110 -120 there clio puts them back in the seat

ian

are they? mine was still an animal over 100mph, I'd naturally assume a run in 182 should be too... my old Williams (although modified) would quite happily throw you into the seat at any speed before the limiter cuts in at 150+ in 5th and dont the RS' do that on the clocks standard???

CTR--VX220D
I have a CTR and am getting a 172 for the track.

Reason why im not getting another CTR for the track is because they are more clumsy on the twisties compared to a Sport [esp with coilovers on!]

BUt.... I am still addicted to the power deliver above 5800rpm!

BTW... Mines an 05 plate - sure it wasnt me ;)