ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 and acivic type r

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yours was'nt standard and it was made of toast so thats why it was quicker.As for my experience in my 182 it wasnt that fast over the 100mph mark.certainly not as quick as the vr6 i run now

ian

Focus ST
lei69gh said:
Not so hard to believe a CTR beat you, the majority of CTR's have been spooned ( zorst) filter and remap so vtec cuts in quicker, my friend owns one and he says on his forum very little are standard.

I seriously doubt that, mate - the majority of CTR's on a forum might be lightly tuned, but I bet the VAST majority out on the road are standard. Most CTR owners probably don't even know about the forum. I see loads of CTR's about and never see any with aftermarket exhausts.

Had a play with a CTR down a dual carriageway away from a roundabout and he couldn't close in at all up to 100, before we slowed. Also beat a friend all day at the pod in his CTR standard vs standard.

If 'cossie dave' got punished by a CTR he must've been driving like a spoon feed.

ian 182 said:
Yours was'nt standard and it was made of toast so thats why it was quicker.As for my experience in my 182 it wasnt that fast over the 100mph mark.certainly not as quick as the vr6 i run now

ian

but 182's a newer, therefore meaning faster so I constantly hear? :boring:;)

I just dont think this guy knows how to drive a Clio properly, they HAVE to be abused like a b**ch to the redline in absolutely every gear and I still think it should beat a bloody vectra. The guy was almost certainly weighed down with 100+kg's of kitchen brochures too :clown:

Dyson
I've only just got my 182 and had a play with a ctr the other night. we left town (witney) both overtaking cars. we then got on to a longer but mildly twisty road and he left me....... he seemed to push it harder round corners than i would. i don't feel very confident in the car yet. does this come with time????

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's just experience of the 182 itself - which clearly he'll pick up over time. You have to be so right on the gears and revs to make the most of it.

I nearly got embarrassed the other day joining the M66 with Tarquin/Clarence/Piers sat on my bumper in his baby-blue MCS. I didn't even see him there at first and was woefully down the range in 3rd, when he tried to undertake up the inside. Naturally, I didn't let him get away with it. :cool:

Some cars/situations just catch you on the hop. Others can make you trounce much more powerful cars.

D.

MINI JCW
Harry182 said:
I've only just got my 182 and had a play with a ctr the other night. we left town (witney) both overtaking cars. we then got on to a longer but mildly twisty road and he left me....... he seemed to push it harder round corners than i would. i don't feel very confident in the car yet. does this come with time????

Driving on a twisty road is down to driver skill and who is the most daring.

In a straight line below 100mph std v std there is nothing in it

Golf 7R
What i was bascially saying was if the guy in the CTR beat him it must have been modified, as like i said standard 2 standard would be chuff all in it, all i know is my mates 05 nighthawk black CTR with manifold match spoon zorst remap raised vtec limited slipp diff lightened flywheel good part of 3g's but it plays with me all day long also my mates r32 vxr's and st's, as much as i hate to admit it.

Cue comments..

car? need a license 1st!
Before i got banned (yeah yeah u all prolly know by now), I managed to get insured on my mum's 172 for a month temp. Bearing in mind it's completely standard.

During the month I raced the following cars:

Vauxhall Corsa 1.8 16v (w/ chip, zorst, filter, remap)

Traffic light race. First gear he got a better start and pulled half a cars length on me. Just as he was changing to second, I hit 5k and BOOM! back level. Changed to 2nd, and hit the 5k mark again, pulled half a cars length on him. If I'd have kept going I'd have beaten him (into the back of a lorry).

Honda Civic Type R (standard)

This was closer than the corsa, and this was on the twisties (a road i know well). So I had an advantage. He was going first, and I following. I never left his back bumper, and as soon as I got to a wide bit, I was past. I pulled maybe a cars length on him tops, but he stayed with me. Quite a good bash :D

BMW Mini Cooper S Works (standard)

This was always set out to be a close run thing. The friend of mine who's mini it is, always said he wanted to race to see what it'd be like. This was a rolling race along a wide straight single carriage-way road. We both set off at the same time, and in 1st gear, we were neck and neck. His supercharger more than doing enough work to keep up with the 5k kick of my 172. In 2nd he started to pull away a bit. This was the trend that followed. Every gear he pulled another 1/4 or so cars length on me, but it was a lot closer than I expected.

Ford Focus ST2

This was fun, because my dad was driving the focus. We were on some twisties, and I never expected the focus to be able to handle itself on such a tight bumpy road, but handle it did. He didn't get too far in front, with the focus being so much heavier, if it'd been a straight line race, he'd have been all over me.

going slightly off subject, i bought a 172 phase 1 5 days ago. Is it me or can
i not floor it off the lights, if i do there seems to be a horrible grating/vibration
through the car, know your all going to say your wheel spinning, but it genuinly
dosent feel like it - maybe the cars fcuked!? i have to pull away fairly slowly,
before nailing it, but this leaves me open to get embaressed by slower cars.
Like ive said ive only just bought it, and im enexperianced in driving it,and its running fairly new tyres (but they
are kumos:dapprove: ) if this is wheel spin im experiencing would changing the tyres
and maybe getting 16" over standard keep the carsfront end on the road and not in the air!???? BTW i love it round the twisties in 3rd- and its wuick so dont think the car is fucked. Also it idles around 5-7 when warm, but it feels like its choking, i.e the cars
hunting maybe

advice

cheers Guestie

Scirocco GT 210
guestieGTI said:
going slightly off subject, i bought a 172 phase 1 5 days ago. Is it me or can
i not floor it off the lights, if i do there seems to be a horrible grating/vibration
through the car, know your all going to say your wheel spinning, but it genuinly
dosent feel like it - maybe the cars fcuked!?

Engine mounts.

guestieGTI said:
really? have you experianced this if so how much is it to replace them?

is this the knock in first gear people talk of? if so it's £30 to replace iirc, f**k knows about labour... knowing Reno it's a case of bending over and touching your toes.

M2 Competition
I had a spat against a new st220 the other day on ring road in bristol, fook me theyre quick.

The point of a clio is its only a lil car with 180 bhp, so it handles well at speed, but little point racing people with v6's on the straight fella.

Lol at these racing threads, people take them so seriously.

If a ctr is 0.5 seconds slower to 60 for example, it aint gonna get eaten alive is it...

M2 Competition
Engine mounts would be a big knock rather than grating/ vibration surely?

Just learn how to pull away without wheel spinning fella!

jesus,
it aint a knock its the whole fuckin car vibrating when i toe it in 1st and a little bit when i hit second - can anyone help with the diagnosis of this so i can sort cause its fuckin me off - i reckon it is engine mounts, is it common - how much to replace engine mounts and whats the best ones to get

cheers guys

Pikey Truck
cossie dave said:
thought these were quicker than a type r and theres nowt wong with my drivin pal

Nothin in it really in straight line speeds...

But It all depends on the driver...

CTR--VX220D
This thread is comical!!!!!

I hate to say it - chav.

I am a member of SELOC, MLOC, --- CTRO, VX220.org and some chav threads do crop up, but this is hilarious!!!!

Sorry if I sound a bit 'not with it' but being an absolute tit on the road is not big and its not clever....

.... Also some comments on here are so full of bull sh*t [Chewy] I feel like vomiting from the stench.

;)

CTR--VX220D
Nope I didnt.... But I dont brag about bullshit stories on a public forum either.

Who gives a shite who's car is the fastest.... the guys who a couple of you are 'racing' against probably think you are a pr1ck for trying it on.

I have loads of it when I'm out in the VX and CTR - up my ass waiting for me to boot it.... Id rather pull over and knock the f**ker out.

If you want to compare your car and driving skill spend £100+ and take it to the track... you'll soon see who's the fastest.

PS.. The above doesnt apply for most people on here, as its a really helpful and friendly forum - top marks..... It applies for only a few.

Chris :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Some people like the fact that there car is quicker than another and dont need to pull over and knock someone out to feel good

ian

car? need a license 1st!
Hey, I don't wanna argue :p I'm a friendly fella.

Just wondered what you thought was bull about my comment? :p

I always enjoy the 'beat a Porsche/Ferrari etc..' stories. People forget that at the end of the day, the other person IS driving a Porsche/Ferrari etc..!!!!

christurbo said:
Nope I didnt.... But I dont brag about bullsh*t stories on a public forum either.

Who gives a sh*te who's car is the fastest.... the guys who a couple of you are 'racing' against probably think you are a pr1ck for trying it on.

I have loads of it when I'm out in the VX and CTR - up my ass waiting for me to boot it.... Id rather pull over and knock the f**ker out.

If you want to compare your car and driving skill spend £100+ and take it to the track... you'll soon see who's the fastest.

PS.. The above doesnt apply for most people on here, as its a really helpful and friendly forum - top marks..... It applies for only a few.

Chris :)

i dont think it's bragging when he says he's been beaten by a CTR and a Vectra V6 dumb ass :clown:

so you dont condone road comparisons, but road rage is okay? If i see you on the road and you pull over should I stab you then or kick the hell out of you? :clown: tit

CTR--VX220D
I wasnt talking about the guy who posted the thread... I was talking about the other comments about boy racing.

Call me 'dumb ass' and a 'tit' to my face.

M2 Competition
Yay, lets all sit behind our computers and argue over the internet on a forum! Grow up guys, theres bigger fish to fry in this world... so whats the point in using a message board to argue with those you've never met.

Just have your opinion, and let others have theirs...

Agreed?

CTR--VX220D
I'm not a troll.... just stumbled across this whilst researching some info for my future purchase.

Sorry for the aggressive comments - Doh!!! ;)

christurbo said:
I'm not a troll.... just stumbled across this whilst researching some info for my future purchase.

Sorry for the aggressive comments - Doh!!! ;)

Nah sorry I wasn't aiming that at you (I dont know you from Adam), I should have elaborated. Some threads are created with the sole intention of creating contoversy. IMO they should be ignored. IMO any thread that doesnt interest you should be ignored. But thats just my opinion :)

Back on topic, either the cars in question were modified, or cossie dave can't drive the 182 for toffee. It's no more simple nor compliacted than that really.