ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 anxiety

Please bare with me as I'm not entirely sure how to go about explaining this so I'll just waffle on a bit and you can have a read :)

So I bought a k-tec low pressure turbo kit and I'm booked in to have it fitted on the 20th of this month but now I'm trying to decide wether to go with high pressure or not? I'm just wary of a few things mainly reasons for and against.

My dephaser is a little on the noisy side and wasn't done with the belts last year before I bought the car. Car currently on 66,254 Miles
I have an oil leak, possibly from the bottom end gasket.
Car isn't running as smooth as was.
Going for forged would allow me to get those things sorted at the same time.

Other things:
Suspension feels like it could do with a minor refresh
Car has started to make a noise when pushing hard in first, no other gears. Can't describe what the noise is like to ask advice.
No doubt with the extra power I'd need a new clutch this year and maybe gearbox depending on how it deals with the extra power.
Would I need to uprate the brakes or could I manage with changing from standard pads and Brembo HC discs to keeping the discs and just getting better performing pads?

Anyway to round it up I have around £2k so can't afford to get it all done, so what do I get done and what do I not? what would you do.

EDIT: Oh and what do you do with log book / DVLA in regards to having a turbo fitted?

Last edited: