ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 beeping alarm

Lee

BMW M2C

Evening,

I seem to remember someone on here had the beeping alarm problem on a 182 fixed. Does anyone know what causes it and how to fix it as my local dealer hasnt.

It went in last week and they reset the alarm, then it went in yesterday and apparently Cobra told them how to fix it. Tonight I got home, put it in the garage, closed the door, locked it and it beeped again.

Anyone?

Thanks

Lee

Renault Technical support are aware of the problem and know how to fix it, my dealer called them and then was able to fix it themselves it needs a bit of rewiring.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Had this on my 182

It is the ignition sense wire that goes to the alarm, crap connection so some times when the car is switched of and locked the alarm beeps to say its not armed.

renault fixed this no probs and alarm is now fine

yup, mine had the "intermittent 3 beep" feature too! reno cambridge fixed it under warrenty, with no quibbles...

apparently, some wire had welded itself to something inside the engine bay, thus upsetting the electricals!! gulp.

Titanium Clio 182

so the three beeps means the alarm has not been activated? Should i tell this to my renault garage aswell when i take it in for the 6k safety check?

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 08 October 2004

so the three beeps means the alarm has not been activated? Should i tell this to my renault garage aswell when i take it in for the 6k safety check?

6 k safey check?

I thouht it didnt go in until 12k?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My alarm sounded like it it was programed by scooter today.

Im surprised it wasnt shouting random stuff in between the beeps. (like "stand up" or "we love techno")

f**king cars, spoke to the builders opposite they said it hadnt gone off.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

i have this on my 182 too, it does it everytime and i just thought it was normal to do that.

better book it in to renault soon