ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Bonnet not opening

Hi,

I have a 182 and while washing it today (yes I know it was raining!) I couldn't open the bonnet, the catch simply didn't work. I didn't bump it or anything unusual, is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Alex

BMW 320d SE
Yeah mine gets stuck too. I pull the bonnet release and nothing happens, so I have to grab the bonnet and pull up sharply.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
cut grill for you then!!!

yeah its not unheard of, the only way it can be opened is by hacking the black grill bit open, and accessing the cath that way :(

Burgandy 174 sport t
yup

try pushing down on th bonnet whislt pulling the lever, yes a 2 mn job.

I had the same prob and it got better for a bit with some wd40 but will need to really look at it again as its still nt right

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol reanult wanted to cut my mates grill and someone even said a hole in the bonnet!

10 minz with a screwdriver and i had it open with no damage done, £30 for a new release cable and it was sorted

Better than yours. C*nt.
they do, but they used the same catch on all of the ph2's ive seen ;)

Wasn't it down to a key component being made of plastic instead of metal? I never saw the ads, but checked mine and it seems well designed and uses metal construction throughout. Didn't stop me giving it a squirt with wax lube though! :(