ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Bonnet Required ASAP

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Sent the clio in for paint today and the bonnet has been bodged by the previous painter with filler and fibreglass ffs. It's completely rotten through sadly.

I need a replacement bonnet asap in Kent. Unsure if there's any good pattern parts?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
can’t believe this but, turns out Renault still make them/stock them. The parts person was as surprised as I was.

So I’ve ordered a brand new one. Saves messing around.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Pre-painted or just in primer?

Primer. But when you consider a tidy second hand one is £150-£180 and the chances of finding a mint rb bonnet is slim. So I’m likely still spraying whatever I end up with

Plus my mate who paints for me is over the moon as he hasn’t got to attempt to repair someone else’s enormous bodge job

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Primer. But when you consider a tidy second hand one is £150-£180 and the chances of finding a mint rb bonnet is slim.

Plus my mate who paints for me is over the moon as he hasn’t got to attempt to repair someone else’s enormous bodge job
200.gif

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Contemplating getting one myself. Mine's mint but the Track car one's been hollowed out and weighs all of 3 grams now. I'll know better after Croft next week.

Renault the manufacture that will sell you a wishbone for one side of the car, but not the other. Have f**king bonnets in stock for a 20 year old hatchback 😅

• Haha
Reactions: MLB