ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 brake fade

Ibiza Cupra 20vt
tested ma brakes from 140 the other nite and the brakes faded scarily, just wondering if anyone else suffered this. and what the prob could be, poor brake pads or brake fluid? cheers

Ibiza Cupra 20vt
wz at thend of bypas so thort would be an idea to stop, fades after a few roundabouts on the bypass to. thinking of getting black dimond discs and red stuff pads, any one got a similar setup, n it ne good.

a thirsty one
the 182 alloy wheel design isnt the best for cooling, well looked after std brakes are fine for normal driving but i have found them struggling and overheating once or twice (although hasten to add not 140mph antics just country road blasts)

from what your saying you may need uprated items to stop from killing someone, brembo hc or max discs, with ds2500 pads and braided hoses along with some good fluid should help. yozzasport do some good kits.

RB 182 Special.
You might want to try just not going 140mph. That'd be much cheaper than forking out on new brakes.

But anyway, I had the standard Renault pads with Max Groove discs on the front when I got my 182 (don't change the rears, there's no point) and to be honest I thought they were absolute pap. I upgraded to DS2500 pads and the improvement was incredible. A few weeks ago I had the front and rear discs and pads replaced with new Renault rear discs and pads, and Brembo Max Groove discs with Mintex 1144 pads. Whilst I was having that done I got braided hoses and dot 5.1 fluid put in. The car now stops incredibly well, and without going to race pads such as 1155s, Carbone Lorraines or Performance Frictions (I was going to but opted against them due to the aggression of the pads and the monumental dust levels) or 4-pots, I now have apparently the best road set up I could ask for.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
They took a while to wear in but my Brembo Max's and DS 2500's are now working very well. Certainly an uprgrade over the o.e.m. equipment.:)

Taken some serious abuse on my local track at over 110 mph, haven't encountered fade yet. Must try 140, shame the home straight won't allow it.:dapprove: