ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 buying advice please

172 Bike: Honda VFR400
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a 182 2004 car, is there anything in particular i need to check before i buy?

I know the basics, no creases in body/floorpan/boot/slam panel etc my question is really about 182 specifics i'm not likely to know.

In particular how do know if it actually has the cup suspension kit it says it has?

Thanks
:D

www.renparts.co.uk
make sure rear shocks arnet leaking, Xenons are working fine, check service history wether Aux belt and tensioners have been done. also check seats tilt forward to get in the back as cables are often faulty on them. also check steering wheels grips are no split/splitting as a new wheel from renault is very expensive. Oh also check cruise works... sure there are other things. but thats food for thought.

josh

106 GTi
Cup suspension will be given away initially by the Anthracite Alloys, BUT - they could have been added after - measuring the spacing of the front strut bolts is the only way to tell for sure. Should be 60mm.

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 182
you didn't mention whether it was a 182 Cup or a 182 "with Cup packs"

a proper 182 cup will have the cup suspension (inc anthracite wheels) and cup rear spoiler as standard. it also has cloth seats, no rear head rests, no xenons and no headlamp washers.

a full fat 182 with cup packs will have half leather seats CC with AC, auto xenons etc

197 Cup (JAWS)
my 182 is showed a just renaultsport 182 on v5 so how am I to find out if it has a cup pack ? it has the leather seats and xenons etc, also is the cup pack available to buy from renault like suspension etc ?

106 GTi
my 182 is showed a just renaultsport 182 on v5 so how am I to find out if it has a cup pack ? it has the leather seats and xenons etc, also is the cup pack available to buy from renault like suspension etc ?

Cup suspension will be given away initially by the Anthracite Alloys, BUT - they could have been added after - measuring the spacing of the front strut bolts is the only way to tell for sure. Should be 60mm.

Cup spoiler pack will mean it should have a lower plastic chin spoiler and a larger rear spoiler with a red third brake light.