ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Buying Guide

'03 Fiesta Zetec
Folks as a newbie to the Clio, does anyone have any tips and things to look out for when buying a 182?

Im either looking at a 182 with the Cup suspension or a Trophy.

Any help would be apprecaited, as would an honest bit of advice!

Thanks in advance :)

Not much to check electrical etc.

Check for crash damage

Also check the car stears and brakes right no bad clunks form transmission etc.

FF 182, v6 wheels
as above^^

couple of others i can think of are,

make sure steering wheel isnt too badly worn, as a new one is around the £400 mark from renault,

check the paint work over carefully, and see if it has any imperfections, as this could indicate accident repair.

check xenons work,

if it has an aftermarket exhaust, make sure you get receipts for it if poss, and that it sits correctly, as a friend of mine, found out that a badly fitted exhaust can lead to you parting with £££'s

no knocking noises coming from the car when you put it on full lock forward or reverse, check this going left and right

'03 Fiesta Zetec
Excellent, cheers for the replies.

Glad to hear its nothing out of the ordinary to look for.

More replies are welcome!

welcome neil to cliosport .....

check the tuning and mechanical section too , for any problems found/discovered on the 182 .

there should be a few on there including remedies .

the newer the car the better i suppose as you'll get the warrenty with it which should cover the mechanics side of it , but make sure the bodywork is good .

Welcome to Cliosport. TBH there are approximately 1 million faults that you could potentially look out for, but if you knew about all of them now, you would'nt buy the car. As above, just check the obvious and enjoy the car for what it is - a fault riddled badly made pocket rocket that decimates everything in it's class, and many a car in the class above :approve:

clio 182 black /gold
The list of faults on the 182 is a long one. I should know i have has loads. Steering knocking on full lock. Raining in. Ecu cover breaking. Shock asorbers leaking. Wiper arm falling off. Panels rattle. Apart from them i have fun in mine :)

'03 Fiesta Zetec
I had read that thanks Aweb.

Am I right in saying that most of the faults are related to ancilary items? Ie not the basic running of the car? My point is, the wiper may fall off, but hey, the car still goes like stink lol.

In regard to the shocks leaking, is that the 182 shocks that leak, the trophy or the cups? Or all of them?

cup 182 mit stripes
I'm sure there's lots of folks in my position,12k and not one fault.
Apart from yesterday when I heard a slight graunch on full lock.

Could this be the start? Where's them washers Fred?

laguna coupe
as above^^

make sure steering wheel isnt too badly worn, as a new one is around the £400 mark from renault,

check the paint work over carefully, and see if it has any imperfections, as this could indicate accident repair.

check xenons work,

if it has an aftermarket exhaust, make sure you get receipts for it if poss, and that it sits correctly, as a friend of mine, found out that a badly fitted exhaust can lead to you parting with £££'s

no knocking noises coming from the car when you put it on full lock forward or reverse, check this going left and right

why does it do the knoking noise what is the cause of this

I had read that thanks Aweb.

Am I right in saying that most of the faults are related to ancilary items? Ie not the basic running of the car? My point is, the wiper may fall off, but hey, the car still goes like stink lol.

In regard to the shocks leaking, is that the 182 shocks that leak, the trophy or the cups? Or all of them?

as above^^

check xenons work,

why does it do the knoking noise what is the cause of this

Top mounts also can be catching, stearing arms worn top strut mount worn also the driveshafst CV joint with no grease.