ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 catalytic converter replacment.

182 FF
Alright aparently the catalytic converter on my 182 needs replaced Arnold clark wanted £1300 + labour (was in for pre paid MOT). Told them to shove it, looking at the KTR one http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1265
Any thoughts on it? I know theres no real performance gains to be had but it comes with a lifetime guarantee. Also I've already got a piper exhaust on, will this affect fitting?

Cheers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Did they warm it up properly?

Apparently when cold they can fail emissions tests, especially with this cold weather. :(

182 FF
Nope got a piper system, also I think the pre cat lamda has gone cause the last tank of petrol went pretty quick? would that cause high emissions?

Nope got a piper system, also I think the pre cat lamda has gone cause the last tank of petrol went pretty quick? would that cause high emissions?

yes it will make your emissions play up had the same problem was told the cat was fbucked they said my cat had started to break down inside which was causing the bad emissions two days after i changed my exhaust system anyway and had the cat checked and there was no signs of it breaking down at all. so i changed the lambada and it was fine passed the emissons test straight away.

Evo 8 MR

If it's running rich there will be unburnt fuel in the cat which may give off an eggy smell which has led Arnold Shark to believe it's the cat.

I'd swap the sensors around and give it a good run, then go from there.

ITB'd MK1
I'd say it's a pretty good bet that the lambda sensors both need replacing and the cat is fine (unless it's actually broken up)

If the cat really is broken (it does happen) then a sport cat is the sensible option. A genuine renault cat for a 182 is around £2k now

BG 182 FF
Hi Mate,

Mine failed it's MOT last month on emissions.

Car went in for the MOT straight after a 40 mile motorway run so the cat was properly hot.

Went to a local independent garage to investigate. They discovered that whoever own the car before me must have had the cat off at some point and when they fitted it back on they used exhaust paste which might have broke up and damaged the cat. So they removed the cat and found bits of paste inside!

Anyway one new cat later the car passed it's MOT. The car drives so much better for it. Now has lots more low down torque.

The new cat cost me £282 inc VAT and fitting. Can't believe Renault want's £1300 just for the part! :eek:

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Laguna sport tourer
if you find yourself in need of a cat i have that ktec one it has done about 4k looking for around £150 also you should notice the car is more responsive :eek:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I called Evans Halshaw Renault in edinburgh and they told me a price of £2250+vat for a CAT for the 182 Trophy.

I told them to go ram themselfs and that i woudl not be paying that!

Yozza'd BG
I've got the same problem - £2K for a cat - fook that!!! Mine has cracked where it meets with the centre section. Anybody want to sell me a cat?