ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Catalytic Converter stolen - what should i do?

Rs200t lux
I let my ep3 one go for £40 and they're now £900!!!!

I sold my ep3 one for £15 a few years ago
the guy said it was a ceramic core and it was worth next to nothing

You got money for yours? Years back when I first got my 182 the exhaust was shot, took it to a garage to fit a new one with cheapo cat, I paid them to dispose of the old exhaust and cat 😄

172 Ph1
After reading this unfortunate post , and seeing plenty of honda cats being stolen , I took the liberty of removing mine today .
Thieving scum.
IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s plenty of cat stealing vids on YT. I’ve seen one where they do two cars in one street. There’s vids of them in broad daylight doing it and parking their car in the middle of the road blocking traffic while someone stands by with a hammer

Still got the standard cat on my 172 and was crapping myself the other week when my missus told me a gang had done a whole street nearby in broad daylight 😮

Cat theft is rife at the moment. As above some Honda cats are doing £900-1200 scrap. Easy money for crims.

Realistically the laws need to be tightened on the people buying the scrap

pretty sure the OEM cat on a 182 is a sports cat. You shouldnt have any issues replacing it with another sports cat (aftermarket).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cat theft is rife at the moment. As above some Honda cats are doing £900-1200 scrap. Easy money for crims.

Realistically the laws need to be tightened on the people buying the scrap

The laws were tightened a little while back, but made sod all difference.

You need ID and a bank account to sell the scrap, but there's no requirement to declare where the items have come from or anything.

clio
Truly sorry to hear what happened to you but the scrapyards should do a better job on Identifying these scumbags and since the rise in the sale of cordless angle grinders this had made things even easier for the thieves. Hope you get a decent payout and all the parts you need at a great pice

clio
I am not sure someone may have a better idea or it may be worth putting a Wanted Ad up for one as someone on here might have one they could sell or give you (hopefully)

clio rs mk4
id go to an exhaust place get v bands fitted and then a cat with v band and a pipe with v band. then mot time put cat on rest of year run without it as saves it getting robbed again especially if using a decent cat. im glad the one on my mk4 seems really crap to get too as i was tempted to swap it for a 200 cell cat to see if it helps my engine breathe better. but once they here scrap for cats of certain cars is up they will take as many as they can