ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clio - bogging down and cutting out

clio 182
hi guys,
hopefully someone can help.. yesterday i was driving down the road and it suddenly had no power and the temp needle read 0. it eventually cut out and wouldnt start straight away with abit of a petrol smell. once i got it started it seemed ok but i noticed the needle was jumping up and down and eventually going to 0 again and once again lacking power when trying to accelerate away. anyone know what could be the issue? thanks

Common fault. Usually the water temp sender or the wiring. The ECU overfuels as it thinks the engine is cold. Shouldn't be too expensive to sort.

No idea I'm afraid. A search might reveal it. I'm sure I've seen pics on here before. Definitely 100% what's wrong with yours in any case. It could potentially damage yor cat as well, so get it sorted.

clio 182
hi guys, just wondering if anyone else has any ideas on this? is it more than likely the water temp sensor ? was driving it last night and it seemed ok but the gauge was flickering up and down but didnt drop to 0 this time .. also how hard is it to change a sensor as im thinking of buying one and where is it located on a 182. cheers

It's definitely the temp sender. If it isn't I'll pay for your memebership. A search should reveal the location. Have a fiddle with the wiring before spending out on a new sensor.