ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Clutch Pressure Plate !!!Help!!!

Abarth 500 Essesse
Hi car in with renault today for service and MOT, i reported an issue with the clutch feeling stiff and hard to get in gear sometimes, they are now saying that it is more than likely the clutch pressure plates, has anyone had this repaired under warranty, car on 39K 05 plate, they are currently checking with renault uk,

advise on what to say if they say no would be appreciated to!!

SchwepTek™
Ummm i had same problem and spent £400 on a new clutch...

Only to find out it was to do with the clutch fork!

Abarth 500 Essesse
on the phone they said the pressure plates are not wear and tear only the inner plates wearing is wear and tear, very technical description that, lol

Abarth 500 Essesse
right not covered by warranty expected nothing less due to age, so what sort of price am i looking at for clutch replacement? quoted 613 inc VAT from renault, this sound reasonable?

Abarth 500 Essesse
yeh i am on the quote hunt now too, although i am sceptical about it needing it so getting a second opinion, seems to be quite lumpy through low rev gear chages and bites a little high,
cheers for the replies

They all bite badly best try another car and compaire IMO.

Could be the clutch adjustment or a new cable.

R35 GTR
Yes, might be the pressure plate. Mine was hard to get into gear when the clutch plate was worn down.