ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup featured in Auto Express

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

its not a rival...my mate has a standard cooper"s" and from the word go im all over him...from launch i win and from a rolling 30mph in second im passing him before 80mph...He also had to take it back when he bought it saying it was only doing 25 mpg on average and bmw said "yeh and"

I paid £9800 for my 02 172 two years ago and his was just over 20k with all the trimmings

Quite sad really,there is nothing british about those things,even the engine is chrysler

ian

Embarrassed to say

Minis are made in britain arent they, thats got to be a plus point. Not that im turning to the dark side, still dislike them.

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 20 October 2004

sorry, but bar the colour, this is a pointless car.
It was always going to split opinion. Yes in a way it cheapens the Cup name but what it also does is bring the 182 to a wider audience. Doubtless there are a number of people out there that can not quite stretch to the regular (dare I say better?) 182 and for them this is a potential solution. Once you add up the saving over a 182 with Cup packs it is not exactly pennies we are talking. But I agree with most on here and wish Renault had gone the whole hog and acheived a similar weight reduction to the original Cup. That wopuld have been a truly great car IMHO.