ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Lowering

liquid yellow 182
I want to lower my 182 Cup, but it seems a mine field out there with whats availiable, what will or won't fit on the cup model. I am looking at a drop of between 60mm and 80mm so guessing i need coilovers and have a budget of around £400. Does this seem realistic, i just love thearch cover the tyre look :D (i am on the standard 16" wheels but may be looking at going larger in the coming months)

If anyone can assist i would appriciate it very much
thanks in advance

Darren

1. Don't buy coilovers on a £400 budget
2. Don't drop an RS by 80mm if you intend it to still drive well.
3. 17's suck balls, stick with 16's.

J

jonnytheboy

First of all they didnt make a cup in liquid yellow!!! You have a 'cup' packed car ( just thought i,d get that out first ) . . . . Anyway for £350 you can get ktec coilovers to fit a cup or cup packed car, i know a few people who have them including me and they are great for the money. Dont go too low or you'll cause problems, tyres just in the arches is the lowest you'll want to go and as for the 17's, just dont! keep the 16's or go for 15's.

liquid yellow 182
Thanks for the info. Its my first clio only had it a week so im still a bit of a noob. Il look out for some ktec's then, im guessing ebay is as good a place as any to go for them. As i can only really go up to £400 would i be better off with springs and shocks? thanks again

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
where are you based?

JMS do VMaxx coily's for quite near your budget and their price includes fitting as well...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
1. Don't buy coilovers on a £400 budget
2. Don't drop an RS by 80mm if you intend it to still drive well.
3. 17's suck balls, stick with 16's.

Well said. Although 17's are fine. I liked them better than the 16s ironically.