ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Recaro Seats (pic)

Yaris Hybrid

lol and completely ruined by that sh1t in the back. Why do they have that pattern on the rear seats? They should leave them completely plain.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

I like them. How much do they cost? Are they just for 182s or can you buy them from renault?

They look great. thing is if you own a full fat 182 the rear seats wont look tacky as fook like they do in that shot on the 182cup. so best to get a full fat 182 so as to make it not look aftermarket.

[Edited by cliotuRS on 07 May 2005 at 1:30pm]

just noticed the lack of chrome knob on the handbreak lever ??? just how much did the cost cut with the 182cup :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 07 May 2005

They look great. thing is if you own a full fat 182 the rear seats wont look tacky as fook like they do in that shot on the 182cup. so best to get a full fat 182 so as to make it not look aftermarket.

just noticed the lack of chrome knob on the handbreak lever ??? just how much did the cost cut with the 182cup :confused:
Its the same on the full fat.

I love the seats but agree couldnt live with the rear seat... to be honest though the original rear seats in the full match a not far a good enough match

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 07 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 07 May 2005

I love the seats but agree couldnt live with the rear seat... to be honest though the original rear seats in the full match a not far a good enough match
so the 182 full fat is in fact actually less bling inside than the 172MKII ? ohh by the way i didnt understand a word of the last bit hehe

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

Full fat 182 has the leather / alcantara rear bench replaced by a standard one if you choose Recaros.

Apparantly this is because the leather "looked odd" although I suspect it might be more to do with cost saving, or having mismatched sets of seats, left over leather fronts etc.

so the 182 full fat is in fact actually less bling inside than the 172MKII ? ohh by the way i didnt understand a word of the last bit hehe
the full fat 182 has the silver knob on the handbrake

Lol yeah it didnt make much sense did it.

The full fat has a silver button but the lever is plactic. Same on the Mk1 172, that was actually one thing I changed.

I meant that the Recaros look good and the normal rear seats in the full fat 182 are quite a good match. lol in English that time.

Look very nice.

I cant believe I forgot to look at them when I was at Brands! Must have been caught up in the excitment of driving! Would like to have seen and felt the difference to the standard ones.

i found the body support to be useless on my small frame.... but the shoulder support was very good.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 07 May 2005

lol and completely ruined by that sh1t in the back. Why do they have that pattern on the rear seats? They should leave them completely plain.
I agree, sort it out Renualt, that pattern is terrible and made worse by having the Recaro option in the front! :cry:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 08 May 2005

i found the body support to be useless on my small frame.... but the shoulder support was very good.
Sadly so true. When I took it out, they really didnt grip around the shoulders enough...far too much lateral movement.

But then I am a bit on the slim side...

172, Tiguan

Thought they were very comfy. Car was terrible though. Never realised how annoying ABS was on a track. I wont even mention the ESP.

Lee

BMW M2C

I take it they didnt allow you to switch it off Jon? ESP really kills the car on the track.

I didnt have any problems with my ABS, if you watch the in car footage from mine youll be able to hear plenty of tyre of tyre squeal under hard braking. Although I would prefer to not have it on track. But then Im glad to have it when driving into Birmingham every day with the amount of idiots on the road.

I think the seats strike a decent balance for someone like me. Shoulder support was fine for me also.

172, Tiguan

No wouldnt let me turn i off, very fustrating. Instuctor kept saying "power, power" and I was already on it, but the bloody thing wasnt allowing me to put the power down! I also noticed quite how softly sprung the 182 Cup seemed compared to mine, it really is a different car.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thats no good. How did he expect you to let it drift out to the outside of the corner using the throttle when all the time its braking its inside rear wheel?

Still doesnt have any problems keeping up with you though. ;) You just have to be aware that it doesnt like such an aggressive change in direction. I dont think its so much that its softly sprung as on the road its far from soft, I think its more down to the weight difference. It does feel less nimble than a 172 Cup and quick changes in direction are where it shows.

172, Tiguan

I dunno, it felt a lot softer, Mark got out and said exactly the same thing. Still a cracking car, just didnt seem quite as "hardcore" as the old fashioned Cup.