ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup steering knock.

clio 182 cup
i have recently bought a 182 with the cup pack... i have noticed when i am manouvering in tight spaces and the steering is at fall lock there is a sort of knocking. you can feel it through the steering wheel... on normal driving it is fine... like i said it has the cup wheels with michelin exalto tyres. i never had it on my 172..... would the bigger wheels and the tyres make this happen.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is it a cup or cup packed?

They all do it anyway.

182FF with cup packs
I've noticed this on mine as well.

182FF with cup packs, only usually in the car park at work when I'm on full lock, it almost feels as if one of the wheels is slightly dragging.

I was gonna get the tracking checked out.

My theory (which may be well off the mark) is that garages don't realise that they have the cup pack on them and setting up the geometry when doing tracking as if it had the standard suspension on it.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Mine never used to do this, then it started doing it out of the blue, after replacing the top mounts etc it turned out to be the actual tyre where the edge was worn. Doesnt do it not on full lock at all!

Black 197
Mine did this.. very common problem i believe, Had Renault change the "top shock mounts" under warranty but it still does it so im not bothered..