ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - cup suspension or not

Hi,

Im new on here, but have already taken some good advice to get an offer of a UK 182 from a main dealer for 12,700 inc metallic paint - thanks to this forum!

Im hoping to order it on tuesday and was wondering if anyone has driven the 182 with the Cup suspension and without, and what you think of it. Ive tried a 182 without it and a 172 Cup, and preferred the comfort of the non-cup option, but would this be the same on the 182?

Secondly, I cant decide between metallic black or blue. Ive seen a couple of black ones but none in blue, does anyone have a picture of one or can let me know how bright it is?

Cheers for any help

Ben

Clio 197

The cup suspension if you are ever going to go on a track. It saves the front tyres, if nothing else, due to the increased caster angle.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 15 March 2004

the cup suspension helps, and it wont feel anything like a cup.
i have the set up and i have to agree it dont.

its well worth it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 15 March 2004

The cup suspension if you are ever going to go on a track. It saves the front tyres, if nothing else, due to the increased caster angle.
I would buy it even if you are never going to go on a track because it will help sell the car, the dark wheels look much nicer and there is nothing wrong with the ride, it has better dampers to compensate the taught suspension.

The Cup option doesnt have an increased castor angle, its the same but that wont matter, gotta be done for the price!

If you like the colour of the 172 cup then it is the same as Artic Blue, you would not be able to tell the difference without having them next to each other.

Agree with other sentiments. I tried the non cup suspension and now have the cup version.

You will need to it get top dollar come resale time, plus you will also wonder what you are missing without it. The cup suspension is pretty good ride wise for a car of its type and size.

I went for Blue. Difficult to post a good picture as they always look different on the web.

Jonathan

I saw a blue 182 cup on the road on Sunday. It looked the absolute business!! Ive only seen photos of the other colours on the 182, but I can tell you If I had the choice Id go for the blue.

Degars

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by degars on 15 March 2004

I saw a blue 182 cup on the road on Sunday. It looked the absolute business!! Ive only seen photos of the other colours on the 182, but I can tell you If I had the choice Id go for the blue.

Degars
which blue, solid racing blue or cup coloured metallic blue?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 15 March 2004

The Cup option doesnt have an increased castor angle, its the same but that wont matter, gotta be done for the price!
Yes it does... theres 3 castor with the Cup suspension!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 15 March 2004

no they didnt change the castor angle in the end, they changed their minds, jeremy confirmed this on several other posts!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

no they didnt change the castor angle in the end, they changed their minds, jeremy confirmed this on several other posts!
Really?!

Well there is definately 3 of castor on a proper Cup! ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes they did change the castor!!!

they didnt change the offset of the wheels on the ss package.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 15 March 2004

Yes they did change the castor!!!

they didnt change the offset of the wheels on the ss package.
I knew they did...

So what offset are 182 wheels then?!

Thanks for all the input, you’ve all confirmed what I thought. I was offered a met black non-cup on a 3 week delivery, which is really tempting, but I think a met blue with cup suspension will be ordered asap!

If anyone is looking for a good price on a black standard 182 they should talk to John at Renault Orpington, he offered it to me for 12,700 and it’s due in in three weeks.

Cheers

Ben

GW Clio 200

Just phoned John now Callahan, thanx for the tip mate.

My real name is Scott so make sure you tell him that you gave me his number and make out you a mate of mine

He has just offered me the 182 with Cup pack for £13,000

Going to order it now

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

.:xTreme:.

Yep, thats the exact offer Im going for too, but Ill be ordering mine tomorrow, nice one.

Maybe hell give me extra discount...... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 15 March 2004

He has just offered me the 182 with Cup pack for £13,000

Going to order it now
Holy cow...

From Clio hater to Clio lover! ;)

Bet youre glad your 206-180 never arrived.

GW Clio 200

Yeah I have just ordered mine from the Whitehouse Bexleyheath, they have given me the 182 with Cup suspension and Spolier pack for £13,000

I told them what John had offered you Callahan and ask whether they could beat it, and they did. I told them that you where going to go through with the purchase i asked whether they would do you the same deal and he agreed.

Without the Cup spoiler he would have done it for £12,863 that is a deal m8.

so goto Bexleyheath and tell them your my mate, that will give you some bargaining power m8.....good luck, and thax for the initial tip :)

I drove a metallic black Cupped 182 on saturday. I must say - the metallic black isnt half as pretty as the metallic blue (sorry, not sure on specific names). Ive seen a couple of the metallic blue ones now and Im almost regretting not ordering one in that colour!

Cant comment on whether the Cup suspension is a must or not because it was the first time ever Id driven a Clio! It did, however, feel very secure on the corners and the back end was much more secure than my 306 Rallye.

For £200 Its a damn site better investment than a CD changer!! (not that theres anything wrong with a changer!!)

Huw

Of course the blue looks good, ITS CUP BLUE!

Id like to have a word with the goon at Renault whose bright idea that was.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 15 March 2004

Id get the Williams supension if i were you. Then youd have a real rally car and not a pretend one.
i didnt buy a rally car, I bought a touring car!

GW Clio 200

I must agree to disagree, it looks nothing like Mondial Blue.

I quite like it in Blue, it is growing on me. Having seen Black today I was really considering that colour. I was talking to some of the sales staff about colour and they had told me that they had just handed a Silver one over, they said that when you purchase the Cup suspension Pack you get the altharite grey alloys. They went on to say that they had seen all the colours and Silver was stunning with the darker alloys.

Hence my decision to buy the Silver with all the Cup options.

Id get the Williams supension if i were you. Then youd have a real rally car and not a pretend one.

You didnt get the 182 then?

Arctic Blue with the anthracite wheels are cack!

Sorry, it just had to be said.

Bigvin

If youre not too big then I have to disagree, demo car I drove was Arctic Blue with cup suspension. Looked quality, went past garage again today and its a real head turner!!

Although I did order mine in black!!! Doh

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 15 March 2004

I must agree to disagree, it looks nothing like Mondial Blue.
Are we confusign Artic Blue & Racing Blue here?!

There is a shiny new 182 at my work in Arctic Blue and its so damn close to the colour of my Cup I thought it was one at first...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by bigvin on 15 March 2004

im the other way, i think any 182 with silver wheels is cack, just my opinion

dk

911 GTS Cab

You didnt get the 182 then?
far as I know my car more resembles the Clio Cup Racing car than it does the Super 1600 Rally car??? a road going clio cup racer maybe.

Quote: Originally posted by bigvin on 15 March 2004

Does anyone have a picture of this combo? Its what Im hoping to order tomorrow!

Dont fancy the silver too much, looks too much like a standard clio & Ive had black cars for years, so Im sick of washing them...

Ben