ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Wheel Offset

Da

Less
no, they are all ET45 as far as I'm aware mate. They are the same alloy just coloured ;)
The 172 mk2 is ET48 and the 172 CUP is ET38.5 :)

Da

Less
from what to what? Spacers vary from about £6 a pair upto mega money for hub centric ones.

BMW M135i
And i'm almost 100% sure 172 wheels are ET42 hence why you need 5mm spacers on the rear of a non-rs to bring them out to ET37 to stop them rubbing.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
all 182's inc trophy are ET45.
172 mk1 is ET43.
172mk2 is ET48.5.
172 cup is ET38.5.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
as for finding alloys to fit the mk2, if you stay with 16's ET37 to 48.5 is acceptable. 37 being ideal as it widens the track improving the handling. however if you have it low on 17's et37 may rub.

lift number 1 @ btm
ive got it on et37 15s and they rub! not even all that low cos it's on eibach pro's at the moment!

Mental 172 Cup
So many different opinions in here. Can anyone clarify the correct offset of a 182 with cup packs wheel offset??

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
all 182's inc trophy are ET45.
172 mk1 is ET43.
172mk2 is ET48.5.
172 cup is ET38.5.
as another confirmation, this ^ is correct
P.S: assuming ph1 172 has the same subframe/hubs/wishbones as the ph2 172 looks like it has wider track? that's weird

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hi just want a bit of advice regarding what wheels will fit my non cup phase 2 172. I like the look of cup/trophy wheels but would offset upset handling? and or do 182 wheels fit without problems? My standard 172 wheels are quite kerbed and im getting ready for tyres so looking for set with decent tyres

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I'd say trophy wheels (they will improve handling as they will stick out 3 mm more) or some lighter alloys. you can go as far as et 35-37 with no problems (maybe some bumper bracket scrub if you're planning on lowering the car)

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Got pro lines so not overly low, so anything from clio renault sport range is ok?

C63 PPP Estate
Reviving an old thread :-D. So 182 Cup, with 172 Cup Turini (ET38.5), will it rub on Eibach Sportline springs?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Reviving an old thread :-D. So 182 Cup, with 172 Cup Turini (ET38.5), will it rub on Eibach Sportline springs?
No. I had cup turini's and 16mm spacers front and 10mm rear hub spacers and with 195 tyres and lowered god knows how much on bilsteins it only rubbed on big compressions.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I think I worked it out on one of the wheel calculators that if you move to a 15 x 7 wheel, the matching offset to the 182 cup is the ET38.5.
This should be a little further from the suspension strut and sit slightly inboard compared to the larger wheel and tyre of the 182 cup.
Been a while though so this would need a fact check lol

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no thats what i am on currently in the daily, still fine even when fully loaded for tip trips. 205/45 R16 tyres