ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup

going to look at a 182 cup tomorrow. ex demo at reno main dealer 54 reg £11995

what does everyone think, is this a good price.

cheers, will check them out, is it true there is a recaro seat option for the 182 ? if so any idea on how much it is ?

for the 182

Cup Suspension Pack - lower ride height, stiffer springs and dampers, stiffer tyre sidewalls, anthracite coloured wheels and revised steering geometry

£200.00

Cup Spoiler Pack - additional lower front spoiler, enlarged rear spoiler
£150.00

Metallic Paint
£325.00

i.d. Paint
£1,150.00

Competition Stripes (with Racing Blue)
£95.00

6xCD Multi-changer
£300.00

Pre-telephone Equipment
£100.00

Recaro Sport Trendline front seats (These seats do not have height or lumbar adjustment nor lateral airbags. If this option is selected, the rear seat will be in Graphic Night upholstery with no rear headrests)
£550.00

for the 182cup

£95.00

Metallic Paint
£325.00

Recaro Sport Trendline front seats
£850.00

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 18 February 2005

for the 182cup

£95.00

Metallic Paint
£325.00

£850.00

whats metalic paint option i.e is racing blue avaliable in metlaic and non metalic and whats the difference in looks ???? also does the cup come with cup spoiler and splitter ?

you can buy them from recaro directly and do it yourself, this way you get to keep the split back seats etc, and you would sell the 182 leathers for a profit

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 18 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 18 February 2005

for the 182cup

£95.00

Metallic Paint
£325.00

£850.00

whats metalic paint option i.e is racing blue avaliable in metlaic and non metalic and whats the difference in looks ???? also does the cup come with cup spoiler and splitter ?
the metalic option is inferno (orange), racing blue is only a flat colour ,the 182 cup comes with cup spoilers and alloys / suspension

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 18 February 2005

Is there a CliosportCup.net site? ;)

The instant reaction to the Cups is getting very boring IMO :cry:

oh well an opinion is an opinion, he said he wanted xenons anyway

Fair play, Im just getting really bored of that generic interior picture that you keep posting. It looks dull cos its a dull photo. The Cup interior, whilst not as nice as the full fat, is perfectly ok, and the car is marginally quicker so get over it ;)

lol its dull coz the cup interior is dull, that picture is from renault uks advertising, its also looks the same as the 182 cup interior i saw at a local renault garage :)

you wont get xenons on the 182cup, but i do agree the recaros will make the cup look loads better, its just a shame it will bump the price upto the cost of a normal 182 !!, hence making the whole point of the cup a bit !!! well pointless

dk

911 GTS Cab

Fair play, Im just getting really bored of that generic interior picture that you keep posting. It looks dull cos its a dull photo. The Cup interior, whilst not as nice as the full fat, is perfectly ok, and the car is marginally quicker so get over it ;)

care to put your money where your mouth is at Pod on Sunday?????????

MKIII 138

Is there a CliosportCup.net site? ;)

The instant reaction to the Cups is getting very boring IMO :cry:
couldnt agree more m8. There is a degree of snobery on this topic. i mean for FFS you can either get a DCI for 10k or a 182cup with recaros for 11.5k massively cheap price and better performance than fullfat 182.. and before people say yea but not noticble difference well... for one the idea of the recaros IMPO is to save even further weight without increasing insurance group with that extra power and weights saving the 182 must have crept pretty close to ins grp 17. Now ok everyone may hark on about recaros for fullfat 182 but be honest 99% of people who are not on this forum and probably only 10% of people on this forum are going to rip their seats out and buy recaros especially when it involves silly dash light fixes and increased insurance premiums as its not a factory fit option ! and before people say well i can order the 182 with recaros from factory.. well yes you can but you lose two airbags and in essence all your doing is stripping it out like the cup is anyway but even then you still wont have the same weight saving as the 182cup with recaros will be the lightest RS clio yet apart from 172cup which if im correct weights 1040kgs and the 182cup 1060kgs but with lighter recaros probably tips in @ 1050kgs (i think they saved more than 20kgs in the first place anyway) hence power is lower down there is more power and more torque and only 10kgs diffo (so if you weight an extra stone or two thats gone)

in essence the 182cup is the fastest production FWD Clio ever is it not ?. in retrospect i would of got the 172CUP instead of my 172 if i understood more about clios at the time, this time im going with the 182cup.

just like to point out that when i removed 20kgs from my 172 it felt much quicker on the uptake and pulled harder.. i notice still a remarkbly big difference with that weight saving so dont think that with the potencialy lighter recaro seats the 182cup wont much faster i think it will.. but you must take standard 182cup+recaro+lightrearbench and compare to 182 with cup packs and all the toys.

[Edited by meggerman on 18 February 2005 at 10:13pm]

The photo makes the dash look dull. Yet the two cars share the same dash. Do The math. To be blunt I cant be arsed with the playground politics I see here about the Cups. I know my car has a smaller wheel and is faster...you know yours has leather seats. Well done.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 18 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 18 February 2005Fair play, Im just getting really bored of that generic interior picture that you keep posting. It looks dull cos its a dull photo. The Cup interior, whilst not as nice as the full fat, is perfectly ok, and the car is marginally quicker so get over it ;)

care to put your money where your mouth is at Pod on Sunday?????????

No. And the point is?

Quote: Originally posted by harv172 on 18 February 2005

would a set of xenons from a 172 or normal 182 fit straight on the 182 cup ?
er, no not straight on, there is alot of wiring to do, and they cost over 1k iirc, also it will of course invalidate your warranty on them, and you would need to fit the headlight washer jets or your car wont be road legal