ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup

i am thinking of getting a 182 cup. what sort of rivals do you get. i am hoping all these novas, corsas and saxos will be left in its dust.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by steven on 28 January 2005

i am thinking of getting a 182 cup. what sort of rivals do you get. i am hoping all these novas, corsas and saxos will be left in its dust.
for sure. The 182 cup has 168bhp per tonne thats the same as a new BMW Z4 3.0 V6 and it corners better. these arent slow cars the 182s due to the weight they fly

put it this way, i was wating for a 215hp scooby to get out of my way in the 172 (spare + kit removed + green panel filter + bonnet insualtion removed thats it)
given that most small cars strugle to get up a hill it was a brave move putting that much power in the clio, i mean you would expect 125hp maybe 140 at max, but to put 182bhp makes it proper sports car fast... ok so nowaday cars have gone a bit mad, but 0-62 in 6.9 according to renault. this means 0-60 in 6.7 at least. but in reality its faster still in the low sixes !

depends on what system, you are best getting a proper "race" system with a de-cat if you want power and dont care how loud it is.

i was thinking the k-TEC cat-back exaust, they also do a catalytic converter which is supost to give about 5bhp

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

the Z4 bmw 3.0 does 0-60 in 5.4 and would quite simply waste a 182 to 100mph.I think it does this in 15 secs

ian

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 28 January 2005

the Z4 bmw 3.0 does 0-60 in 5.4 and would quite simply waste a 182 to 100mph.I think it does this in 15 secs

ian
LMAO !!! dont want to start an argument but..

1. 0-60 in 5.7 acording to three different webiste ive been on.

2. 182-cupacks has been timed @ 6.3 to 60 by autoexpress with their proper timing gear. the cup weighs 20kgs less that a best launch of 6.0 !

3. half a second makes no difference anyway half a cars lengh big deal !

4. its not like its a super powered rocket it has 225bhp like the audi TT and impreza wrx. hmm... seem to remember the wrx having same weight as Z4 and same power and same 0-60 of 5.7 due to 4wd and z4 having RWD.

5. A 182 cup has been proven faster than a wrx (estate) around the track according to a magazine article recently.

6. The sort of people who drive Z4s cant change gear that fast as their busy doing there hair.

7. there is a mahoosive price difference.

8. I belive although the Z4 would be great at cornering that the lightweight 182cup would change direction faster on the twisty stuff.

9. the insurance group is higher on the Z4 by some way.

10. The Economy is 23mpg best.

11. the car is sh*t.

12. it was just an example of the kind of power you get from the fastest supermini in the world all for the sum of 11695k brandnew.

13. Take a look at yossers cup with LSD, Lightwheels, lighter flywheel, exhaust, induction remap .. 0-60 in 5.0 !! 205bhp

i seem to remeber someone selling a P1 Scooby on this forum this week to get a 182 as he saw one very fast cup passing him. he knew £££ for performance stock was greater than anything else and spending a bit extra on the car would bring amazing results for such a comparativley little outlay.

rant over. back on topic, get a 182cup it makes sense.

ohh actually one more thing how many people who buy Z4s or Slks for that matter buy a manual ????? next to none. If you stumble across one of the many automatic z4s the 0-60 on those and therefore the 0-100 will drop considerably.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 28 January 2005
11. the car is sh*t.

driven one ? or basing this on assumption ?

ohh actually one more thing how many people who buy Z4s or Slks for that matter buy a manual ????? next to none.

complete b****cks, and what am i basing this on ? 6 years of working for a BMW main dealer.

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 28 January 2005

ian
LMAO !!! dont want to start an argument but..

1. 0-60 in 5.7 acording to three different webiste ive been on.

2. 182-cupacks has been timed @ 6.3 to 60 by autoexpress with their proper timing gear. the cup weighs 20kgs less that a best launch of 6.0 !

3. half a second makes no difference anyway half a cars lengh big deal !

4. its not like its a super powered rocket it has 225bhp like the audi TT and impreza wrx. hmm... seem to remember the wrx having same weight as Z4 and same power and same 0-60 of 5.7 due to 4wd and z4 having RWD.

5. A 182 cup has been proven faster than a wrx (estate) around the track according to a magazine article recently.

6. The sort of people who drive Z4s cant change gear that fast as their busy doing there hair. dont be such a t**ser

7. there is a mahoosive price difference.

8. I belive although the Z4 would be great at cornering that the lightweight 182cup would change direction faster on the twisty stuff.

9. the insurance group is higher on the Z4 by some way.

10. The Economy is 23mpg best.

11. the car is sh*t. based on what

12. it was just an example of the kind of power you get from the fastest supermini in the world all for the sum of 11695k brandnew.

13. Take a look at yossers cup with LSD, Lightwheels, lighter flywheel, exhaust, induction remap .. 0-60 in 5.0 !! 205bhp

i seem to remeber someone selling a P1 Scooby on this forum this week to get a 182 as he saw one very fast cup passing him. he knew £££ for performance stock was greater than anything else and spending a bit extra on the car would bring amazing results for such a comparativley little outlay.

rant over. back on topic, get a 182cup it makes sense.

ohh actually one more thing how many people who buy Z4s or Slks for that matter buy a manual ????? next to none. If you stumble across one of the many automatic z4s the 0-60 on those and therefore the 0-100 will drop considerably.

getting bk on topic!!! lol iv got a full custom decat and it sounds very nice now its sort of bedded in!! still loud but its great makes the car feel more rev free smoother and picks up quicker, beat quit alot of big bmws mercs and fast little hatches too is nice to know u have quit a big power under your foot even if u dont use it always! lol get 1 mate

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: 13. Take a look at yossers cup with LSD, Lightwheels, lighter flywheel, exhaust, induction remap .. 0-60 in 5.0 !! 205bhp

woah, 0-60 in 5 secs?

I like it.

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 28 January 2005
go loony go loony, ps can you get me a cheap service LOL

left there 6 months ago mate, lol
otherwise i would have seen what i could do for you.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 28 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 28 January 2005

go loony go loony, ps can you get me a cheap service LOL

left there 6 months ago mate, lol
otherwise i would have seen what i could do for you.

ahh sh*t, well never mind, its the wifes anyways and shes the one with all the money

the wife went to look at one but the dealer was a complete t**ser, and said there wasnt any cars to test drive, you just had buy one blind WTF

its also very on off, BMW have won numerous engine design awards. silky smooth torquey effortless great power delivery from a 3.0 6 pot anyone ?

dont get me wrong i like both cars but they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Some people dissmiss the z4 but i can pretty much garantee most have never driven one. I personally wouldnt bother with anything but the 3.0 though.

I like both the Z4 and the S2000, but I always find the Z looks a bit fat and sorry for itself, where as the s2000 is saying "WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

BMW E46 330i Touring

0% finance will almost certainly be when you deposit over half the value of the car first mate. If not, then save one for me!

its not so much the deposit, its more the fact you will probably pay list price for it, and that doesnt make it 0% finance then as you will probably pay over 2k more for it, whish would be more than a bank loan on a discounted one