ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Dealer Recall

Mercedes SLK350

Just been to my local dealer to have my whistling door mirror looked at, whilst there I was told there is a recall for the wiper motor.

Can anyone else confirm?

Ive noticed whistling from the wing mirror. I phoned the local garage; she checked on the computer and said there were no factory recalls against my vehicle....hmmmmm....Im new to this, never having had a new car; can anyone advise?

What did they say about the door mirror lee? Mine whistles too but I get around the problem by just leaving it slightly titled fowrard.

Mercedes SLK350

They are ordering in a new mirror outer (the body coloured part) after it is sprayed the will call me to fit the part.

The whistle is due to the size of gap between mirror and coloured part. Cannot remember if it is the horizontal or vertical gap.

2.0 175dci rs meggy

the recall is true

and the whislte either comes from the hole for which a temp sensor would be fitted

or

the gap in the folding section of the mirror - where the colour cover sits on the main unit it, it does not sit flush with the black plasitc leaving a slight high point which where the air whistles over the top!

i had my car in 3 days last week and renault didnt say anything to me about a recall...

Are they supposed to tell us or have i to ask..??

TDI tyre shreader

how the hell can they have a recall for a wiper motor when my car sounds like the engine and front subframe is about to fall out when i go round corners and hit a fag butt???

Ford Fiesta

anyone got full details on this, how are we going to be contacted?

not had any probs with mine. MInd you dont use them, always got plenty rain x on.

Mine went in 12 months ago for the mirror whistle they put me a complete new mirror on but it still does it could not be bothered to take it back ...

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 13 May 2005

Mine went in 12 months ago for the mirror whistle they put me a complete new mirror on but it still does it could not be bothered to take it back ...
was that under warranty....cos i have a scratch on my mirror....and a replacement for free would be quite nice...

Elise/VX220/R26

my 172 whistled when you drove fast without the fans switched on, try that. Even if you had the fans on but set at zero it stopped the whistle

Yaris Hybrid

Ive had my car for 7 months and the mirror has only whistled on one night at 80mph +. Has never done it since. Weird.

What happens if youve got an import, as i take it Renault UK wont know whos bought one.

Can you still go to the dealers for any recalls?

Those whose mirrors whistle, I had it too. It does it whenever u get above 30mph. I know renault wont fix it BUT there is a way to prevent it:

Pull the mirror toward the back of the car slightly, just so it doesnt "snap back" into place. U can still see perfect out of it, and no more whistles. :)

My 1.2 whistles too, at around 40mph and above. Its not so bad coz I just turn the radio up to not hear it or the creaking /rattling sounds coming from the sunroof

The amount of things wrong with my 182... There arent enough hours in the day to go through them! Suffice to say that its been back 6 times to the dealer andI still have numerous creaks, rattles and sqeaks not to mention the clunKing engine mount, noisey steering column, broken switch in the steering cowlling, dodgy alloy wheel (started to corrode) and the best is the trim around the windscreen which has become detached and is flapping around in the wind!

But.......... I still love it!

i get a whistle but its not from the mirror. Maybe its the hole for which a temp sensor would be fitted?
where is that?
i could do a fred & get some vaseline in there

To answer one or two questions in this thread:

Renault wont contact you about a technical bulletin or recall unless its a safety issue, in which case theyll get your details from the DVLA and send a letter. Smaller less significant recalls (such as subframe washers, reprogramming etc) are shown on a system the dealer should consult whenever your car is booked in - at this point they flag up any minor recalls and are supposed to carry them out during that visit in addition to whatever youve sent it in for. If they just cant for some reason (parts availabilty for example) theyre supposed to advise you and you need to re-book the car for another appointment.

Doesnt matter if the car is an import - the reg number wont bring the car up but the VIN number always will, and any outstanding recalls will show up.

Recalls dont neccessarily apply to ALL cars in a range.

Oh, and the guy with the subframe that rattles like hell - thats probably not safe to drive - get it booked in ASAP! :eek:

Mercedes SLK350

Called dealer today, they said a small batch of 182s will be recalled for the wiper motor.

Mine just happens to be one of the chassis numbers included on the list.

It is NOT all 182s.

So I will have a cracked windscreen, scratched wings and bonnet, cracked plastics and 100 plus more miles very soon.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by ihategherkins on 13 May 2005

Liam, how good is the rain x? any special way to use it?

no just follow instructions. Takes a few applications of the stuff. but now I hardly ever use my wipers.

What is wrong with the wipers on a few of the 182s then to warrant this recall?