ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ECU bracket

Octavia vRS
Hi all,

I was looking in my engine bay yesterday and I noticed that where my ECU is the bracket on the right handset of this has snapped off. The car is still under warranty, do you think I should take it back and get it fixed or do you think I should leave it? It’s not causing any harm, So what do u think ?

Cheer

Rob

Focus ST
Not causing any harm. Happened to mine and got it fixed under warrenty.

Quite common actually. New one should be a modified varient.

clio 182 black /gold
Ah you mean,
100_1469.gif

100_1468.gif

Mine is getting repaired tommorow.

172 mk2 Iceberg
mine snapped too but no warrenty...
just made up a strap out of exhaust strip..
which looks like meccano strip

106 GTi
Gweebs said:
Not causing any harm. Happened to mine and got it fixed under warrenty.

Quite common actually. New one should be a modified varient.

How different is the modified one?

80MPG BEEZA
haha my ecu is just strapped to the battery with cable ties! havent even sourced a new bracket yet how much u wreckon for the bracker and the metal bar down the side of battery?

Octavia vRS
yeah mates thats what has snapped on mine and going to get it fixed... i'll give them a ring now

Octavia vRS
right I have phoned the d**k heads at reg vardy about my clip and the stupid fella behind the desk said I would have to take my car down so he can have a look, I explained what the problem was but he would not accept that his is fault and should be replaced.

What do u think I should do ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Robbles said:
right I have phoned the d**k heads at reg vardy about my clip and the stupid fella behind the desk said I would have to take my car down so he can have a look, I explained what the problem was but he would not accept that his is fault and should be replaced.

Thats a little harsh, he's not going to give you a free part withouth seeing the car is broke.

Robbles said:
I would have to take my car down so he can have a look, I explained what the problem was but he would not accept that his is fault and should be replaced.

Seems only fair you have to pop down what your issue with going there?

Why should he accept his or the garages fault he hasn't even seen it no garage will admit liability.

If its broken it would have to be done under warently Renault dealerships get people running them round and round for stuff which never gets sorted/they never get paid for so only fair they want to see what broken and whats needs ordering/agreeding with Renault UK that they will pay out for after all the garage isn't going to pay out of its own pocket.

Octavia vRS
edde said:
Seems only fair you have to pop down what your issue with going there?

Why should he accept his or the garages fault he hasn't even seen it no garage will admit liability.

If its broken it would have to be done under warently Renault dealerships get people running them round and round for stuff which never gets sorted/they never get paid for so only fair they want to see what broken and whats needs ordering/agreeding with Renault UK that they will pay out for after all the garage isn't going to pay out of its own pocket.

its just me with this garage I have had loads of hassle with them for my 1.2 clio which they could not fix... so thats why I am a bit p**sed off with them... I got rid of my clio and got a 182 which is great.. but I told the fella I would take it down tomorrow. So I'll see if it can get fixed....