ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, electrical warning light...

Hi guys,

bought a 182 the other week done about 1000 miles now in it and twice ive had the electrical warning light come on at totally random times and had it limit my rev's to about 3k.. car still idles ok etc...

As soon as i turn car off and back on full power is restored and back to normal..

Common fault ? Anyone have any idea's what it could be, i simply dont have the money to even get it plugged in this month :(

CHeers Rob.

just light comes on, then only rev to 3k, then turn off and back on and its fine for another 100 - 200 miles.

Megane 225
Hi guys,

bought a 182 the other week done about 1000 miles now in it and twice ive had the electrical warning light come on at totally random times and had it limit my rev's to about 3k.. car still idles ok etc...

As soon as i turn car off and back on full power is restored and back to normal..

Common fault ? Anyone have any idea's what it could be, i simply dont have the money to even get it plugged in this month :(

CHeers Rob.

Where'd u buy it from? Can you take it back and ask them to look at it?

and it made a bang when it happened out the back, this is the first time the emmisions light has come on along with the box with zig zag in, anyone any idea's i have no money :(

Yeah it really struggles, but if before it did the same and if i turned it on and off it would be ok..

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
emmisions light + loud back from the exhaust....that suggests a malfunctioning cat

but also electronic fault light, if it was malfunctioning CAT wouldnt it be permenatly the same since it did its been doing it on and off 500 miles but now its permenant.

1.6 16v
same problem, it sits at 3000 revs and wont go down or up???? got the same lights up on the dash too!!! help????

Hi guys,

CHeers Rob.

Hmmm

Electric light Possibly the TB possible an electronic sensor is the engine light flashing at the mo? that will be the lambda picking up unburnt fuel.

CLIO RS MKII-(2003) 172
same problem, it sits at 3000 revs and wont go down or up???? got the same lights up on the dash too!!! help????

Hi all

I come form Taiwan.

I have the same problem with my CLIO RS 172 (2003).

And I have changed the new wiring harness and new TB.

but,It still not work ,the electrical warning light still light up and limit at 3000 revs.

Please help me with any suggestion.

Thank you very much.

BMW M135i
but also electronic fault light, if it was malfunctioning CAT wouldnt it be permenatly the same since it did its been doing it on and off 500 miles but now its permenant.

Needs the fault codes read or you'll never get anywhere. Luckily as the OBD light is on they can be read with a 20 bob reader.

CLIO RS MKII-(2003) 172
Needs the fault codes read or you'll never get anywhere. Luckily as the OBD light is on they can be read with a 20 bob reader.

I have the three fault messages from my CLIO via RENAULT diagnostic computer.

First and Second error item is related with oxygen sensor

the third error item is related with throttle position

I also have changed those three sensor .

but the electrical warning light still light up.

Now I don't know how to continue to debug it

Please help me

Thank you very much

Where'd u buy it from? Can you take it back and ask them to look at it?

Mate, If its a big problem and you cant afford to do it, even if you bought it private, the seller is liable to any problems that must have been apparent during the sale, for 3 MONTHS after they sold it. Its the sale of goods act.

Make them pay for it!!

look at
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1074027367
or type 'sale of goods act' into google.

Even if you sign a document that says 'sold as seen' that wouldn't hold up in court if they sold a car with a hidden problem without advertising it with that fault. give it a go. At worst you could go to a small claims court for £50. OR goto a citizen's advice buraeu for advice - its free.

Last edited: