ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 emission warning light Help!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Took my 182 to colchester renault - the emission light comes on every time the car is idling.

Colchester said when i phoned them as they had my car all day, the cat was over heating and causing the light to come on. But they had taken the car on a 20mile road test and couldnt get it to happen!!!!

when i picked up the car, the guy on the front desk got the paper work and read that the car was misfiring and they had replaced the plugs - problem solved, so they said. Also when i got in my car, check the clock and they had done like 2-3 miles in it not 20!!!

One day later the emission light is still coming on when the car is idling.

got a friend who has a 182 and he had the same problem and this is the info he gave to me

Yes I did have the problem with the gas emission warning light, and it took me ages to fix, eventually however we discovered that the fault (via the diagnostic computer) was a misfire on one of the cylinders, so that's the first thing you need to get them to identify.

The next thing is look at is the coil pack, spark plugs and HT leads all of which I had replaced in the end (about £250 worth), but the light still came on.

Eventually from recollection it was the fuel injector on the duff cylinder which they replaced and it seemed to cure the problem (so far so good!). This is the reason why it comes up when idling because there is little or no fuel being pumped into the cylinder. Apparently this is a problem with the Renaultsport clios and meganes (usual high quality French manufacture). Don't worry though.

Best thing to do is to take it Renault Cressing, because they were the ones who dealt with my car and who eventually solved it, so they should know what to do!! Make sure that they check the catalytic converter as well because there is a small chance that it may have been damaged due to harmful emissions entering the exhaust system. Either way it should all be done under warranty, so no need to pay.

Can anyone add to this, or know anything about this????

cheers

Ive just got my car back from Renault with the exhaust gas light on and the car was misfiring they said I had water contamintaion to the spark plugs and leads so I had to have all replaced at a over the top price of £258!!
Still not sure how it all got contaminated they blamed me saying that ive had the engine pressure washed which I aint....
My 182 was also misfiring badly...
Rob.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ummm do renault dealers have access to the web, i may show them this thread LOL

Lionel Richie
some do, print it off and show it to them, as i said above i'll bet you £1 its due to a blowing CAT to centre section join

With me they only paid half the amount after much a debate..... As to whether I caused it or not, hope you get yours sorted!

Rob.