ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 everyday use - ESP ON or OFF

Hi,

What would you propose for everyday use - in wet and dry weather? ESP switch ON or OFF?

I suppose it always resets to ON when switching the motor ON.

Cheers.

Lee

BMW M2C

I have a mix, in general I just leave it on, but if there is any chance I needto pull out across heavy traffic or know Im going to need to get my foot down then its off.

It does always reset to on when starting the engine.

I always have in on - too much of a scaredy cat I guess :oops: - and I just know if I switch it off, Ill stack it and then forever kick myself for not leaving it on!!

Matt

Lee

BMW M2C

Dont you mean off mate? Its on all the time unless you chose to turn it off.

With it on you cant launch the car properly as it bogs it down, it also upsets the balance if you go into a corner and intend to get a bit of lift off action, the car kerbs that and pulls it back inline, not good if you were ready to have some fun.

Its more a safety aid should you be put in a position where you need to take evasive action of some kind. Under normal driving the system rarely comes into play.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i leave it on unless i need to pull away quickly, i just dont trust myself enough to leave it off!

Mine has always been on. Have to say the limits are so high, Ive never really noticed it - praise in my books

Jonathan

Yup, light on means its off.

I leave mine on all the time on the road. Its saved me a couple of times when I had no chance of avoiding an accident, it can do things that no driver can actually do.

LOL, I cant beleive i never knew that should have read the manual:oops:

Al that time im driving around with it on, and when ive been on motorway journeys in the pouring rain i switch the switch thinking "im being all safety like"............

What a wally......