ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust mounts

clio 182
only had the car a few weeks n this is the first time ive had a look under it (to try n find a rattling problem at low revs near the exhaust, found the problem i think, another thread)

from reading on here i know these have issues n many are crap, are these fcuked?

clio016.jpg

clio018.jpg

am guessing they are?

what is the best upgrade or replacement? am guessing renault will be stupidly priced?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
we've got some uprated mounts in development at the moment. Shouldn't be too long before they're for sale

clio 182
the exhaust mounts, could this be the reasion y one of my exhaust tips is off centre? the left pipe is nearly touching the bumper on the right side of the pipe

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 80
  Titanium 182
Is more likely just the exhaust needs loosening and jigging around a bit till it sits straight.

clio 182
It's just one side tho. N that sane side is tapping on sumthing at idle n can't work out what it is... Doing my head in sat at traffic lights

clio 182
update!
thanks for NW Performance i have new mounts fitted and exhaust finally sitting right and not tapping on bumper!

IMG_0441.jpg

and thanks to some zip ties it sits perfect!

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Erm, wouldn't it be better to use the mounts as intended.

I have a feeling those zip ties will destroy the mount rubber.

clio 182
the mounts work great but the garage who fitted them, said they are brillant mounts, its just the fact that am running an ktec exhaust and it doesnt sit right, hense having to use zip ties, worked for other people on here after doing a seach so i thought id give it a try