ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust not sitting right

Car has standard exhaust but the tail pipes hang too low and poke out to far, any tips on what could be causing this ?

I am thinking of upgrading soon to an aftermarket system, so if I need to replace any engine/exhaust mounts then I want to do it all in one hit.

Thanks !

Clio Sport 182
Rear Exh mounts prob shot! Have a look at the rubber inserts, they'll most likely be perished and broken. If you're considering a K-tec super sport exh, my advice is to get the centre silencer. I just fitted the same exh, no silencer, no cat, and it's too loud really for day to day use and motorway noise is just too much. Good quality tho it was a pain to get it to position correctly.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely sounds like the rear exhaust mounts to me, I had the same problem, I bought the NWP mounts, they've been on for about a year now and don't seem too bad. Time will tell though!

Yep, the rubber is looking pretty cracked on both sides. Can you buy just the insert, or do you need whole new mounts and any tips on where to buy ? I live in NZ, so probably going to have to be online. Looked on Ktec and couldn't see anything. Thanks

clio 182 'full fat'
ebay mate they seem very cheap too, ive just fitted ktec/janspeed exhaust yesterday and fits perfect, required no fookin about with the rear mounts wat so ever
IMG-20110703-WA0000.jpg