ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust

BG182FF
hey guys, i have a 182 with a standard system, recently, think my cat fell off and was scraping the floor with it and it was so loud. Had it welded back on and he said my whole system was quite rotted and needed a new one quite soon. My question is, what do i need for a whole system? What joins on to what? i am a complete noob with exhaust systems so sorry if i sound stupid. I rang Renault and they wanted nearly £2000 for parts :( thanks in advance!!

There is a few systems to chose from, Ktec ultra performance, milltek, yozza loads more! Most are full systems from cat back, Everyone has different opinions on each, i have ultra performance with silenced decat, i like it but i think the favoured is the yozza, really good reviews!

Have a look at options and advice n then decide, looking at between 300-400 for one of these systems n maybe sports cat or decat!

BG182FF
im looking for a quiet exhaust system, one like standard, is there an after market one out there like it? thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
im looking for a quiet exhaust system, one like standard, is there an after market one out there like it? thanks

They probably do one like standard, but I really don't see the point. While I'm not advocating cracking windows and setting off car alarms everytime you start your car, surely being a RenaultSport, kind of suggests that it should be louder than a stock Clio?

I was genuinely embarrassed by how puny, pathetic and weedy the standard 182 exhaust was at full chat. The exhaust system - rather than being a means to an end in removing gasses from the engine in mainstream cars, should be seen as an 'acoustic extra' to the hot-hatch package, imo. Vauxhall did a superb job I reckon with the Astra VXR Nurburgring edition with the fitting of that Remus exhaust system.

When my standard system finally let go at around 60k, I couldn't wait to get the bloody feeble thing off. I switched to a KTR Janspeed system afterwards and I'm very happy with it. I went for the unsilenced centre section, but I reckon with the silenced section, that should have been the standard Renault item straight from the factory. Louder, lighter, better built and with a much more appealing look. What is there not to like? :)

D.

BG182FF
i just dont like the way when you start the car it starts to rumble, was just thinking about my little girl as she likes to sleep in the car haha. But i see your point, it is puny but wanted one quite quiet and looks better. thanks a lot for the input though, you got a pic of the KTR Janspeed mate?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i just dont like the way when you start the car it starts to rumble, was just thinking about my little girl as she likes to sleep in the car haha. But i see your point, it is puny but wanted one quite quiet and looks better. thanks a lot for the input though, you got a pic of the KTR Janspeed mate?

Ah - well there's a logical reason anyway!

I don't 'think' I have a picture of it - certainly not while I'm at work anyway. I'll check if have one at home. Looks like the pic on K-Tec's site of the rear view isn't there either?

D.

BG182FF
hi there, no pic of the rear on ktec am afraid. im just looking for an exhaust that isnt loud inside the car thats all and looks better. But looking at them on youtube, the standard one seems to be the only quiet one.

182 Cup
I heard that one of the Janspeed systems is nearly as quiet as standard. I believe Roy Munson had the louder of the Janspeed exhausts and was very impressed with its low db's.

BG182FF
the rs192 seems louder than i want lol. heard it on youtube. sounds lovely but if i didnt have a little girl it would be in my top 3 id have

I have the RS192 and it isn't really loud under normal driving, saying that it's as quiet as the standard system would be a lie, but seriously, it is only very slightly louder, just a deeper rumble and only really notice the differnece when you put your foot flat to the floor. I wanted a quiet and descrete exhaust, one that doesn't shout out "come race me". I think the note suites the car quite well. I've had my kids in the back on a 250 mile journey and they've slept soundly once they got over the excitement of riding in "daddies little red racing car". If you're still after a one that's same as standard, then you'll have to go and get one custom made I guess.

I made the video when the exhaust was brand new, I tried capturing the sound in typical driving conditions, on idle, cruising and foot to the floor. The sound has mellowed a little in the 10000 miles so its done so far. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkaig4E9i4

Can't comment on how it compares to other exhausts in fitting as the RS192 is the only exhaust I've ever fitted. I fitted it mine myself with no problems a part from some grit falling into my eyes (a real b!tch!). Followed some basic instructions from this board on what to do and a bit of common sence. Before then, I've never undertaken such a task before, not a mechanic and never worked under a car before. 2 years on its still sitting pretty in the rear cutouts! Removing the standard exhaust, that was a w**ker to remove!!

E46 M3
The Janspeed with the centre silencer is very quiet, too quiet for me infact, im pricing up the straight through centre.

RB 182 FF
hi im v interested in this post as i too will be looking for a new exhaust soon, i am favouring yozza as its not too far from me and or fred too!

how do they rate on the loudness and notes ? :)

the doc

Audi S3 Saloon
Aren't yozzas becoming very hard to source with yoz away!? Or can fred still get them? (oh and anyone know about the scorpion exhaust I posted before?)

BG182FF
JonC, the rs 192 sounds lovely but seems to be louder than id want from the outside of the car. But seems to be quite quiet inside the car on the video mate. Im just debating myself what i want really, wanting peoples opinions. Think i want one slightly quieter than yours mate, but its hard to say from a video lol. But it helps a lot. Not sure if there is a system quieter than that out there without getting a custom made one

BG182FF
bummer07, i was looking at that one on Ebay mate as it seems the cheapest one you can buy for £311. But not sure how they are either.

Audi S3 Saloon
Hmmm, can't see many mentions of these cheekymartin.

I did see Kam Racing mention that they are pretty much the same as the RS192 apart from the looks?

Bumpy, anyone know anything about the other scorpion system?

Yeah, i spent a good while looking at different opinions before settling on the rs192 as it ticked all the boxes.

The cheaper scorpion is completely different. It only has one rear silencer instead of the two on the rs192. I was told that they are loud, infact the guy who was selling it described at as a "boyracer exhaust, you know dead loud" and that was enough to put me off!!

RS192:

9a386982.jpg

9e806665.jpg

Standard:
d24d7c27.jpg

Clio 182
I got myself a Milltek about 6 months ago. Absolutely love it and at £400 fitted it was a bargain compared to the £1200 Wests Cambridge wanted. Meatier sound and not at all chavvy; the perfect balance IMO.

Audi S3 Saloon
I got myself a Milltek about 6 months ago. Absolutely love it and at £400 fitted it was a bargain compared to the £1200 Wests Cambridge wanted. Meatier sound and not at all chavvy; the perfect balance IMO.

Where's the best place to buy the milltek from mate? Got any pics/vids of the exhaust? Cheers.

BG182FF
im actually swaying towards a rs192 system if i cant get hold of a standard system. Heard they are the closest to quiet like standard you can get.

BG182FF
the cheapest for miltek is probably from ktec with a little discount. though ebay is probably about the same, just depends which you prefer.

ph1 track weapon
thought about going for a custom one?

cant see them being much more than an off the shelf jobbie, and you can tailor the sound

BG182FF
theres not any custom places around here and powerflow wanted 800 cos they said to make the custom one they have to take off the rear axle

Just had my Ktec ultra Zorst re fitted with a silenced decat and it sounds perfect, nice when you put the foot down but still quiet when cruising around, and gives a really nice burble on tick over! And fitted without any hassle!