ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 feeling restricted after being sat on incline.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Did a quick search but couldn't find exactly what I'm after.
So, I first noticed this other week when car was parked on the drive at new house, it's on a slight incline but nothing ridiculous. I start the car up and pull off drive to find that the car is restricted and won't move above 2.5/3k rpm, in any gear (no matter how far pedal is pressed) It runs like this for a good 4/5 mins then runs perfectly fine afterwards.
If I am parked flat I have no issues. I also noticed this issue after car was jacked up when changing the discs and pads other week.
Any ideas what it could be?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Worth noting that if I press clutch down to disengage gear it will allow the revs to behave normal if that makes any sense?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fuel pump is a good suggestion. What about fuel filter? Where are both located too?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes mate, I did think it may be due to fuel levels but it did the same with 3/4 tank in too

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've not payed too much attention to the idle when it does do it. I'll try and park it up on the drive later and see if I can replicate it.

182 Turbo
im pretty sure they do have a filter? they are in the bottom part of the fuel sender unit, the bottom just unclips pretty easy job to change the filter afaik, just potentially messy

dan's cast offs.
Even on old cars? Just thinking if that's something to bear in mind with car being on its way to 13 years old now?

Yup, it's a common set up the way the pump is in the sender. Not seen hundreds but seen plenty and not had any where it's needed changing.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines an 04 plate on 81k
It's always ran on V power but I guess some rubbish still about in the tank. Easy job to change filter? Where is it?

182 Turbo
it's a long life unit, and although not known to be a common problem, can fail as can any part on any car. it's about £5 to replace and a fairly simple job, so why not try it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers for the responses guys. I'll give it a go once I'm back from holiday